Thread: HW77 Spring Must be a record!

HW77 Spring Must be a record!

Stripped to old 77's this week. The .22 had a 36 coil Ox spring in it but the .177 I have taken apart had a 38 coil spring in it and was only doing 10.9 with superdomes!! So much for big spring big power!!!...why do people do it? Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Stripped to old 77's this week. The .22 had a 36 coil Ox spring in it but the .177 I have taken apart had a 38 coil spring in it and was only doing 10.9 with superdomes!! So much for big spring big power!!!...why do people do it? Mach 1.5
    Just tested a a old 77 over the skan and was running very close to the limit,
    Removed the spring which very well could be a ox and replaced it with a much shorter spring just to be on safe side with the power, Anyway back through the skan to find it bloody boiling , I did wipe a bit of the grease off the piston aswell but it was very high, Removed the spring for the time being,

As I have commented above, maybe a case of oversprung in your first case.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    So it'll go through both sides of a concrete filled transit van? Or was it dustbin?? I can never remember...
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.