Thread: Thick Leather off-cut for sale -- (spoof advert FFS!:D)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Brilliant, Dave.

Loads of breach seals left in that.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I am not at liberty to divulge the new owner or the purpose for which he bought it...All I can allude to is simple text message that went like this...

Binners - "that looks interesting so I'll have it please...how did you make it?"

Me - "It's yours then mate...and it is just a by-product I cut a load of 1/2" breech seals from a thick piece of leather and this is whats left...what do you want it for? "

Binners - "once more onto the breech, dear friend "

blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by DCL_dave View Post
    I am not at liberty to divulge the new owner or the purpose for which he bought it...All I can allude to is simple text message that went like this...

Binners - "that looks interesting so I'll have it please...how did you make it?"

Me - "It's yours then mate...and it is just a by-product I cut a load of 1/2" breech seals from a thick piece of leather and this is whats left...what do you want it for? "

Binners - "once more onto the breech, dear friend "

Ah, only 1/2'' holes eh, OK I'll take it but, I will need a squirt of Neatsfoot as a lube

That looks remarkably like the sample for the Army Intelligence Unit design for a fast entry parachute canopy.

Carl

Gentlemen, I'm sold out for now but will have more leather off-cuts asap...so will try to fullfill all requests for "wrist bands" and "archery braces" (...and I do agree, string rash is a bitch) "Cannon viewers" and medievil "war gussets" for re-enactments, or in the case of the latest sales/enquiries "whack-A-mole play mats" and "rapid descenters"...please could you stop PM'ing me as my inbox is full!...thank you.

blah blah

"Cannon viewer" That's a blast from the past, for sure. Was he the fat **** in a wheelchair?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    "Cannon viewer" That's a blast from the past, for sure. Was he the fat **** in a wheelchair?
    Nah, that was Ironside...and yes I did have to youtube for which one it was as I couldn't quite remember...but it turns out that it is also handy for Quincy too!
    blah blah