Thread: Damaged AA MPR Stock puzzle.

Damaged AA MPR Stock puzzle.

Someone at my local Club asked me to look at their MPR for them as the Stock has developed a crack across the Pistol Grip (it's a Match Version with a Blonde Stock).

Basically, when I separated the Action from the Stock I noticed that there was a Bolt running down into the pistol Grip from inside the Stock. Was this done by AA from new in order to reinforce a weak point in the design of the Stock, or has someone done it subsequent to purchase. The item was brought new by my fellow Club Member and I'd like to get to the bottom of what's going on as it's puzzling me.

Thanks in advance for all informative replies.

Vic Thompson.

I recall this is a two part stock Vic.

It's this type of MPR Gingernut : https://www.air-arms.co.uk/showroom_...t/mpr-biathlon.

Vic Thompson

Not sure about that one Vic.
    Walnut and beech were 2 piece with the bolt you mention.
    So guess it’s the same.

Biathlon is poplar.
    Last edited by gingernut; 19-01-2018 at 12:00 PM.

I have two MPR stocks, one has the bolt you mention, and the other doesn't, the one without also has a metal bracket to lift the front of air cylinder, the other one doesn't have this, and doesn't require it.Rog

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    Someone at my local Club asked me to look at their MPR for them as the Stock has developed a crack across the Pistol Grip (it's a Match Version with a Blonde Stock).

Basically, when I separated the Action from the Stock I noticed that there was a Bolt running down into the pistol Grip from inside the Stock. Was this done by AA from new in order to reinforce a weak point in the design of the Stock, or has someone done it subsequent to purchase. The item was brought new by my fellow Club Member and I'd like to get to the bottom of what's going on as it's puzzling me.

Thanks in advance for all informative replies.

Vic Thompson.
    One of the MPRs of my local rifle and pistol club had exactly the same fault. I only noticed it as I was trying to teach some school kids how to shoot.

A.G

MPR stock

It was split to alter the angle of the pistol grip, some were 10 m stocks and some target stocked version.

re

Yes there 2 piece if its completely gone into two separate parts re glue and bolt the action backtogether,to hold in place overnight.its common with the std mpr stock.