Thread: Brass tubing

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Brass tubing

Where can I get 4mm OD 2mm ID brass tubing or do I have to buy 4mm and 3 mm and put one inside the other?

This should be about right if you can wait for it.

https://www./itm/2-12mm-Inner-Diamet...QbHi_WyILNABfQ

Although I've just looked more closely and they might mean 0.5mm wall x 2. Could be worth asking. To my surprise a lot of these Chinese suppliers are quite good at answering emails.

Alan

Is buying 4mm rod and drilling through to 2mm out of the question? I guess it depends on the length you want.
    I guess you have tried 'that site'. How about model shops?
    Cheers, Phil

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Is buying 4mm rod and drilling through to 2mm out of the question? I guess it depends on the length you want.
    I guess you have tried 'that site'. How about model shops?
    Cheers, Phil
    I don't have a lathe so drilling rod is not a possibility. I did find a place that sold 'hollow' set screws but that would involve cutting threads etc.

I have bought some 4mm OD tubing with 0.5 mm wall thickness, and some 3mm OD with 0.5 mm wall off the site. I will try Loctiting one inside the other and then running a file or drill up the middle. It's £4 or so, worth a try anyway....

Tubes that size are probably easiest to find from modelmaking suppliers, it's the sort of thing you'd find on scale models of trains and steam engines

http://www.hobbyholidays.co.uk/products.php?cat=124
    Be good. And if you can't be good, be good at being bad.

Quote Originally Posted by charliemow13 View Post
    Tubes that size are probably easiest to find from modelmaking suppliers, it's the sort of thing you'd find on scale models of trains and steam engines

http://www.hobbyholidays.co.uk/products.php?cat=124
    Thanks, there is the right spec on Page 1! Will save me alot of arsing around with Loctite...

Plenty on the bay, and B&Q sell brass tubing in their metal rack, got some there to use on a Crosman revolver.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Plenty on the bay, and B&Q sell brass tubing in their metal rack, got some there to use on a Crosman revolver.

Baz
    For some reason the Bay vendors only do the thin-walled stuff, 0.45 or 1mm, so I have bought some from the model supplier mentioned above. They do 4mm OD 3mm ID, and 4mm OD 2mm ID.

If this is all for your Hawk MK3, Alistair?

The using a Vulcan breach seal allows you to sleeve the transfer port right through from the cylinder face to the breach face --- I only mention this as the Hawk breach seals used to be different to the Vulcans.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    If this is all for your Hawk MK3, Alistair?

The using a Vulcan breach seal allows you to sleeve the transfer port right through from the cylinder face to the breach face --- I only mention this as the Hawk breach seals used to be different to the Vulcans.

All the best Mick
    Yes, and thanks, that will save me the glueing and cutting! The tubing will come in helpful for other things...