Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How good are Kral PCP rifles

How good are Kral PCP rifles

Been looking for a multishot pcp air rifle in .25 calibre and after doing a google came up with the Kral range I am after a sporter stock version and I particularly like the walnut puncher but have not been able to look or handle one in the flesh , as they are Turkish made and in early years Turkish guns did not have a favourable following I would like some thoughts and details from owners , how good is the accuracy from the rifling , are they consistent , what is the general quality like , are parts easily sourced and is there a stockist that sells and ships a 12 ft Lb version to UK .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

I had the misfortune to own one of the early punchers. I couldn't recommend one sorry. Faulty mags (which were eventually upgraded), pellet fussy barrels, and not so hot grouping. Alter the power on the adjuster and POI changes, oh and it twangs and is moderator fussy. It did look nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    I had the misfortune to own one of the early punchers. I couldn't recommend one sorry. Faulty mags (which were eventually upgraded), pellet fussy barrels, and not so hot grouping. Alter the power on the adjuster and POI changes, oh and it twangs and is moderator fussy. It did look nice though.
    Not good then CB , how long ago was it and did you buy locally ?
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

I own two puncher breaker Krals, in both calibres. One has been trouble free, the other was bought as a project and although a pain to sort is now spot on. The early punchers suffered with rubbish mags, fragile valve stems and rubbish .177 barrels. All that has now been sorted and would recommend them. Range right the importers are superb to deal with, with a great gunsmith. It's a shame Kral didn't get it right in the first place as I think a lot of damage to their name has been done.
    With regards accuracy my .177 loves bisley mags and the .22 rws super field, both hitting spinners at 50 yards with ease. The new mags are flawless, the guns are built to last

The model I owned, was the first on the market, maybe 18 months ago'ish. In.177, it manifested all the problems Peddy describes.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    The model I owned, was the first on the market, maybe 18 months ago'ish. In.177, it manifested all the problems Peddy describes.
    Same here i am more accurate with a catapult than with a kral rifle..avoid like the plague.lost a fortune on it.trying to get it sorted

Thanks for the replies looks like i need to search elsewhere for a .25 multi-shot rifle , pity as that walnut stock looks a beaut , SMK do a bull pup design but I am not a fan of b.p. rifles looking for a more traditional stock .

I think you would be fine with the latest kral's. I know for sure that Range right are now making sure that all the pcp's are sorted before leaving to the dealers. As said previous their flaws were well known. At least they have reacted and sorted the problems, unlike many other big names that keep churning out guns with the same inherent problems year after year!!

The .177 bullpup i am selling is an absolute beauty and problem free but mine is the exception to the rule, are you definite about .25? If you wanting a hard hitting sporter cheap the zbroia hortitsia is very good and very competitively priced, how many regulated guns are there at the 600 price bracket? But they dont make .25 yet

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekon88 View Post
    The .177 bullpup i am selling is an absolute beauty and problem free but mine is the exception to the rule, are you definite about .25? If you wanting a hard hitting sporter cheap the zbroia hortitsia is very good and very competitively priced, how many regulated guns are there at the 600 price bracket? But they dont make .25 yet
    The Hortista is not a cheap gun, it is just sold at a very competitive price.

The barrel has 12 lands and grooves, the working pressure is 300 bar, it has an anti double load mechanism, it is accurate, comes with 2 magazines. 2 fill probes and a hard case. The stock is walnut, maybe not the best finished stock in the world, but it is smooth and handles well, it is light, about 6 and a half pound unscoped. There is a carbine and a rifle length version.
    Last edited by secretagentmole; 20-01-2018 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    The Hortista is not a cheap gun, it is just sold at a very competitive price.

The barrel has 12 lands and grooves, the working pressure is 300 bar, it has an anti double load mechanism, it is accurate, comes with 2 magazines. 2 fill probes and a hard case. The stock is walnut, maybe not the best finished stock in the world, but it is smooth and handles well, it is light, about 6 and a half pound unscoped. There is a carbine and a rifle length version.
    Also they do an Ash with a black stain, i know how fantastic they are first hand, i just didnt want to sound like im on commision, but you are quite correct the anti double load, 200 shot count in .22 full length and regulator make them excellent choice and by far the best bang for buck that i have seen whisper quiet and accurate what else do you need in a rifle???

secretagentmole Guest
    200 shot count in .177 rifle with a 300 bar fill! the .22 should give you a few more than that!
    I know,

By the way the "black ash" is actually stained walnut....

I have a Kral puncher breaker in .22. It is accurate and the magazines have worked faultlessly. The early ones had problems the later ones don't. It is a bit heavy especially when compared with my wildcat
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

The BSA .25 pcps are very good, if you shop around a .25 ultra shouldn't be too pricey by comparison with the kral.
    Hth Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Mekon88 View Post
    Have not heard anything of these zbroia hortitsia , will check them out but yes I have already have a few .25 calibre rifles but all single shot , the .25 is an excellent pest control calibre even in my old fingers and poor vision , I have a few multi-shot rifles in .22 and .177 but they do not have the outright wallop as the big 1/4" pellets do plus the big weight difference gives a lot more shock to the target .