Thread: Rat in the loft!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    OK I've been watching this thread with interest, I wasn't going to get involved as I am a full time pestie of nearly twenty years, because of this I can get myself in big trouble if I give advice and something goes wrong.
    So, I'm going to say by law your neighbour should have been left with a report sheet of what he has had done in the loft by the council bod.
    Professional pest controllers do not just shove sticky boards in there! Messers do that! We use them as an absolute last resort. They must be checked a couple if times in every 24 hours.
    Rats are neophobic so live catch is problematic, killing traps such as a fenn mk 4/6 can be disguised and work quite well if set properly, but can foul catch if not done correctly.
    Rats need a water source and obviously a food source, hopefully neither are in the loft so it's coming and going from the property or down into the drains.
    Correct baiting in the loft with suitable bait should pose no specific danger to bops or pets, but good practice would be to check around the outside of the property in the morning to make sure it has not died outside.
    Lastly as there is an authorised person dealing with it I would say it might be worth saying to your neighbour that said pestie can have access to your loft also.
    Get that Ivy down and block the whole.
    Ask neighbours to stop over feeding wild birds or domestic fowl 99% of my domestic rodent work is because of this.
    Last edited by Mole trapper; 21-01-2018 at 10:05 PM.