Thread: HW30s hassles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    A quick fix would be to fit the muzzle end from an Air Arms or CZ S200 target rifle, you can get these for about £25. Its an interchangeable hood mounted on dovetails on something that looks like a muczzle break. Both rifles have 15mm barrel diameters so it should fit.

https://www.ant-supplies.uk/scopes-s...un-sights.html
    Thanks mate, that looks like the best option for now. I suspect that if I try getting the barrel out of the block I'll end up making a hash of it, especially given the ambiguity about how it may be fixed.

Of course that does completely invalidate the silencer I bought for it () but hopefully if I sell that on here I can offset the cost of the new sight.

Incidentally is the AA rear diopter any good on springers?
    Good deals with these members

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Thanks mate, that looks like the best option for now. I suspect that if I try getting the barrel out of the block I'll end up making a hash of it, especially given the ambiguity about how it may be fixed.

Incidentally is the AA rear diopter any good on springers?
    Yes, I would not trust myself to fix that particular problem either.

I think the AA diopter is a functional but cheaply made piece of kit, like the old Milbro job. I have a Williams peep-sight on my HW30S and with the square blade it can shoot into a 20mm circle at 30 yards. The Williams (Beeman) sight has a much bigger aperture than the more 'target' orientated sights, which may lose a little accuracy but means you can shoot in a variety of light intensities. I tried one off an old Walther 55 target gun and it was just too small to let much light in, they are made for brightly lit indoor ranges. Or people with younger eyes....

All a little upsetting, really, but we've been aware of it for years.

It is a shame that the mighty HW haven't resolved the issue with many of the hinged lever models.

It wouldn't put me off and I own five 35s, two 99s, an older 50, a 55T and three 30Ss (soon to be four).

I'm hopeless at doing links etc. but Google up "Springgunning R7 Tune". It's a US tuner's site and makes quite interesting reading for those unaware of "the issues". Also goes into piston issues as have been pointed out here before (CapitalBee?).

In my view, the little 30 is just that much of a little jewel with its superb firing manners, accuracy and forgiving nature and warrants any effort required.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!