Thread: hawke endurance 3-9x42 ir 30mm tube

hawke endurance 3-9x42 ir 30mm tube

hi, just bought another hw97 and this scope came with it, i dont like it , but dont know the value , so before i decide to either bin it ,sell it or keep as a spare , could any one enlighten me
    its in mint condition with mounts

They are good a good quality japanese made scope , what don't you like about it ?

Some of the best glass Hawke has ever used, a superb scope but better suited to a .243 than an air rifle.
    I've got one sat in the cupboard, unfortunately they don't seem to hold their value because of brand snobbery, deer shooters aren't going to buy/use a Hawke scope no matter how good it is.

Model HK3342 with the L3 dot reticle cost £199 back in 2011,
    the 3-12x50 model cost £279 while the Sidewinder 3-12x50 was £259.
    Last edited by angrybear; 21-01-2018 at 12:02 AM.

i use mine on an airgun for roost shooting woodies, it works a treat, they are heavy but built to take heavy recoil. I think i paid £70 for mine second hand about 5 years ago it was still in the box and looked un-used .

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    If its the mildot reticle where just the centre dot illuminates - they are quite a popular reticle.
    Sorry no idea on value though...

Parallaxed to 100 yards. This is the airgunners nemesis. Virtually all scopes without adjustable objective or side focus are marketed for the centrefire world. The scope in question is excellent, but would only probably fetch around the £100 mark and good for a centrefire or HMR.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

cheers lads, the lack of parallax is why i dont like it . ive thrown it up on freeads for £75 posted