Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the Chrony F1 the best chronograph ? Video Review of the F1

Quote Originally Posted by hareng View Post
    Nothing exists will have same trouble with any led type chrono IR or not, results quite dramatic.
    Only ones can trust are the radar outdoors.
    Hi lensman57,

You'd better ask hareng about the "radar outdoors" as they are apparently the only ones that you can trust.
    He claims that turning on a light will make all others read 18 - 24 fps fast but doesn't say whether that is irrespective of calibre, pellet weight, design or muzzle velocity!
    Even if that were true, it should only mean that you would turn down your muzzle velocity by a few percent, thereby increasing your margin of safety from prosecution!

He may also inform you that the police do not test rifles using Skan units but send them to the lab for a fee of £500.00.
    It's good to see tax payers money being used so freely when they could buy their own Skan for £200.00! ;-)

I too have a Combro and now an R2A. They have so far read consistently within 4 fps
    of each other on my 0.22" at around 600 fps.
    That is within 1% which is good enough for me.
    Last edited by Scubashot; 27-01-2018 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pelletcaster View Post
    ....It's not perfect but quite good and it fits my demands nicely.....

.....Taking care that the batterie isn't weak is favourably....

....LEDs work too and are easy to come by.....
    I'd go along with that, and for the low cost of one second hand they do a good job. Much more versatile than a combro (mounting not practical on many pistols). I found that my F1 favours a good quality zinc carbon battery (Sony 6F22) as opposed to an alkaline battery. 21 LED 'puck lights' (integral magnet) under the sun screens work well indoors, with strong rare earth magnets above the screen.

There is no mention of the fact that a push button switch can be plugged into the 3.5mm jack on the side of the F1, this can be used to scroll through the stored results (each shot fps, low, high, average, standard deviation); this is a worthwhile and easy accessory to make up

Agreed the F1 is bulky, cumbersome and a faff to set up; not such a problem if you have space to leave it set up permanently
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.