Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crosman 150c

Crosman 150c

[IMG][/IMG]
    After selling a big part of my collection I am down to 15 air pistols that I wont be parting with , most looking at them are ugly buggers but one of my favourites is the very plain but I think a beautiful looking air pistol the Crosman 150c . I believe these are fairly uncommon in England/UK any about ?

I have one just like that

Great little gun
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    I have one just like that

Great little gun
    That's good to know , and yes have to agree a great little gun .

I have an identical cased one,too,but no paperwork.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I have the black version with white marbled grips..only bettered by the Ted Williams edition IMHO...

I also have the same, agree, nice little pistol

Got the gun but no box
    Black grips on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Got the gun but no box
    Black grips on mine.
    think the black grips were the standard for these for some reason these are a dark brown on mine whether special order or replaced in later years I have no idea .

I have a few boxed and metal cased 150 shooting kits as I have a soft spot for them but a cased 150c Medalist has eluded me so far and remains near the top of my wants list.

Kind regards,

John

One of the really great model 150 variations. Curious about the brown grips. Also, hard to tell, but does the grip frame have crinkled/textured finish?

If the grip isn't textured, I'm thinking that there's a chance that this gun came from Crosman Canada.

Do you think these were originally sold in the UK? or a later import?

This model was only sold for a year (1957 if memory serves**correction:150C was sold from 1957-1961**) and is somewhat rare. But, anyone really interested can track down an example. As usual, the paper is much rarer than the gun.

As mentioned, at least as a shooter, the Ted Williams model is the most desirable. For extreme rarity, the Hecho en Mexico model 150 is probably the hardest to find. I finally located one in Mexico and paid a hefty price for it, not because it was so collectable but because in Mexico nothing like it is available. Getting it here was the real task. The owner would not post it under any circumstances (it would be stolen for sure) so we had to wait until he made his annual trip to Vegas and ship it to me from there.

Another outstanding variation is the early JC Higgins model with grey paint. These were the best that Crosman could do in presentation and said as much in their sales literature.

There are something like 26 distinct variations of the model 150/157. Much more than any other model. It was in production longer than any other model of that era.

Still hope to get a model 150 book done. After all, Crosman was nice enough to supply me with all of the model 150 parts engineering drawings. But it's still off in the distance.
    Last edited by DT Fletcher; 21-01-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Some may have been sold here. I haven't tracked down when the Firearms Act was re-interpreted (I thought in in a court case) to make CO2 guns Section 1.

Wesley's book (1971 edition) says that the changes came about after 1961, as the result of Home Office pressure on the trade and the police, but also says that some police forces took the view that no licence was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    One of the really great model 150 variations. Curious about the brown grips. Also, hard to tell, but does the grip frame have crinkled/textured finish?

If the grip isn't textured, I'm thinking that there's a chance that this gun came from Crosman Canada.

Do you think these were originally sold in the UK? or a later import?

This model was only sold for a year (1957 if memory serves) and is somewhat rare. But, anyone really interested can track down an example. As usual, the paper is much rarer than the gun.

As mentioned, at least as a shooter, the Ted Williams model is the most desirable. For extreme rarity, the Hecho en Mexico model 150 is probably the hardest to find. I finally located one in Mexico and paid a hefty price for it, not because it was so collectable but because in Mexico nothing like it is available. Getting it here was the real task. The owner would not post it under any circumstances (it would be stolen for sure) so we had to wait until he made his annual trip to Vegas and ship it to me from there.

Another outstanding variation is the early JC Higgins model with grey paint. These were the best that Crosman could do in presentation and said as much in their sales literature.

There are something like 26 distinct variations of the model 150/157. Much more than any other model. It was in production longer than any other model of that era.

Still hope to get a model 150 book done. After all, Crosman was nice enough to supply me with all of the model 150 parts engineering drawings. But it's still off in the distance.
    Hi Sir the frame has smooth paint finish its paper work dates it to 1960. I will look forward to your book on the 150 as one of my favourite Crosmans . Your signed book 75 years of Crosman airguns has been a great reference book for me as well as the Literature of Crosman great books . Thanks for your informative reply much appreciated .

150C made 1957-1961

The actual production dates for the model 150C is 1957 to 1961.

As already proven, my memory is not the gold standard for reliability, even so, I venture to say that a 150 grip frame without a textured paint is never seen on an US produced 150 of any sort. However, Crosman Canada certainly produced 150s with smooth paint (Crosman Canada seemed to do whatever the heck they wanted with some very weird results) that combined with the Brown grip (US 150C always had black, as far as I can recall ever seeing) strongly suggests that this is a Canadian 150C.

What would go towards confirming this would be if a couple more examples like this in the UK could be found.

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    The actual production dates for the model 150C is 1957 to 1961.

As already proven, my memory is not the gold standard for reliability, even so, I venture to say that a 150 grip frame without a textured paint is never seen on an US produced 150 of any sort. However, Crosman Canada certainly produced 150s with smooth paint (Crosman Canada seemed to do whatever the heck they wanted with some very weird results) that combined with the Brown grip (US 150C always had black, as far as I can recall ever seeing) strongly suggests that this is a Canadian 150C.

What would go towards confirming this would be if a couple more examples like this in the UK could be found.
    Not sure if it helps but it does say Crosman Arms Cc.inc FAIRPORT , NY , U.S.A .

would've thought it'd say Dunnsville if a Canadian made gun
    my 130 does as does one of my 140's