Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Would You Like To See?

A Rogers and Spencer.

Lovely looking revolver.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    Especially that lower barrel
    Yep, pellets from the cylinders and bbs from the centre, lovely stuff!!

Tom Horn whilst attempting to escape from jail was unable to operate a guards unfamiliar Borchardt pistol resulting in his recapture.
    I do have a soft spot for early automatics, wilder looking stuff like the Borchardt or the Mars would be great to own but I doubt there would be the market for them as they were quite limited productions and don't fit into a period where there is historical significance for them.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    Yep, pellets from the cylinders and bbs from the centre, lovely stuff!!

I do have a soft spot for early automatics, wilder looking stuff like the Borchardt or the Mars would be great to own but I doubt there would be the market for them as they were quite limited productions and don't fit into a period where there is historical significance for them.
    I know, and nerd points to short-carabine for his earlier post. Same goes for a lot of the fascinating late Victorian/Edwardian pistols. If they aren't in big movies or video games, they won't get made.

The Mars is insane. Steampunk Automag that doesn't work properly. The British Army used to keep a particular WW2 prototype tank (I forget which, I think it's at Bovingdon now) to teach people how not to design tanks, because it was so awful in every respect. The Mars is the pistol equivalent of how not to do it.

What would be AWESOME would be a genuine semi-auto pellet-firing CO2 Webley-Fosbery.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

The British Army used to keep a particular WW2 prototype tank (I forget which, I think it's at Bovingdon now) to teach people how not to design tanks, because it was so awful in every respect.
    I think it was the amusingly names Little Willie.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    A CO2, full metal replica of the S&W Mod 10, Military & Police revolver. It is THE classic revolver.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    If I can get one of these made to the same standards with the same quality of materials as my black powder one, I would pay handsomely for it!
    That looks to be one of my all-time faves, a Colt Dragoon. Could it be done by using a 10-shot rotary insert, like Crosman, to fit into the cylinder? The design would need to move the cylinder forward in some way for access.

I've told you before- this:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2371xi.jpg
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    I think it was the amusingly names Little Willie.
    Nope, Little Willie was the original first ever prototype tank from WW1.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    A CO2, full metal replica of the S&W Mod 10, Military & Police revolver. It is THE classic revolver.
    Good idea. Preferably in pre-WW2 configuration with narrow tapering barrel. Given the makers' focus on obsolete military weapons, the best shot might be the US issue .45ACP M1917 S&W, with half-moon clips.

(My version of THE classic revolver is a pre-WW2 Smith N-frame (as it is retrospectively called) .357".)

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    I've told you before- this:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2371xi.jpg
    Yes, the Rogers and Spencer, agreed. Or one of the various catridge conversion Colt designs based on the 1851 Navy and 1960 Army, as (roughly) used in the classic Spaghetti Westerns by Clint Eastwood.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I see your C96, and raise you Borchardt C93. Problem is, almost no-one will know what I am talking about.
    Yes the mother of fugly, hit every branch on the fugly tree and then got hit by a truck. Vertical grip and bollock-sack spring housing. It could have a kind of steam-punk Dr Who charm, like the Mars pistol. But it doesn't.

Although not as bad as the French Chauchat automatic rifle. That is horrendous!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

What would be AWESOME would be a genuine semi-auto pellet-firing CO2 Webley-Fosbery.
    Now you are talking. With blowback. I'd like one of the target versions please.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Now you are talking. With blowback. I'd like one of the target versions please.
    Yes, sadly, given that the real thing in steel had only marginal operating power with the recoil of a .455" Webley cartridge, I have a feeling that any attempt to copy it in light alloy in CO2 form would not function - unless it got about 6 shots per 12g CO2 cylinder. I mean the Umarex DE has a very light slide and turns a small light cylinder when it cycles, but runs out of gas after around 25 shots (and is NOISY).

You might be able to make it work OK with a 95% plastic upper, but who would want a 50% plastic Fosbery?

Well, maybe me. If it worked. But not many others.