Thread: Low mounts

Low mounts

I have a Pulsar with Sidewinder glass, standard mounts leave the scope 2 1/4" above the barrel which makes the hold over / under a bit mad. The lowest mounts I can find are 11mm from the top of the dovetail to the bottom of the scope ring. Are there any that are lower than this? TIA.

wellhouse0 Guest

mounts

i have TPS indexed mounts 30mm low that are 8mm but are weaver/picatinny. Don't know if they do dovetail but they are great mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoddervalley View Post
    I have a Pulsar with Sidewinder glass, standard mounts leave the scope 2 1/4" above the barrel which makes the hold over / under a bit mad. The lowest mounts I can find are 11mm from the top of the dovetail to the bottom of the scope ring. Are there any that are lower than this? TIA.
    Lowest dovetail mounts I've found are the ones in the thread I posted above.. Short of having some made especially I don't think you will find lower..., I've looked in depth on the internet for months. Picattiny mounts go really low but you will have to obviously change your rail for them.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Thanks I thought not. I'll just have to get down the range and get used to it. Why don't Daystate put an adjustable cheek piece on their £2k flagship rifle?

Thanks I thought not. I'll just have to get down the range and get used to it. Why don't Daystate put an adjustable cheek piece on their £2k flagship rifle?
    Iron sights?
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Get Terry 'the terrier' Doe on the case, he's been banging this drum for years
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Get Terry 'the terrier' Doe on the case, he's been banging this drum for years
    Its true though... Every rifle really should have one.. even if it's the most basic of adjustment it would make the world of difference. I've always picked my scope/mount combo around the hight of the cheek piece.. it would be much easier to pick a scope then mounts & just adjust your stock to suit. Seems obvious to me..
    Having said that we are seeing more & more rifles with this done to them from the factory but most are synthetic unfortunately.. ho hum..

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Its true though... Every rifle really should have one.. even if it's the most basic of adjustment it would make the world of difference. I've always picked my scope/mount combo around the hight of the cheek piece.. it would be much easier to pick a scope then mounts & just adjust your stock to suit. Seems obvious to me..
    Having said that we are seeing more & more rifles with this done to them from the factory but most are synthetic unfortunately.. ho hum..
    If it's not going to have an adjustable comb, at least have the comb height set up for scopes. Hardly any rifle is, even those with no open sights.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    If it's not going to have an adjustable comb, at least have the comb height set up for scopes. Hardly any rifle is, even those with no open sights.
    I think that depends on 2 things...
    1.how big your head is..
    2.how close together your eyes are....

I think most stocks are made for this guy: