Thread: Help with twang

Help with twang

Guys and gals,

I bought my Air Arms TX200HC new in April and have put about 3000 pellets through it since then.

The gun is sounding a bit twangy now and I was wondering what I should do. Will a strip/relube do the trick or do I need new seals or anything?

I have a stripping guide I downloaded from elsewhere on the web but I would appreciate advice on what I should be doing 3000 rounds down the line.

Sub Sea Sniper
    . . .and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory for ever.

Maccari tar & heatshrink worked for me, mine was extra twangy, all grades of moly got shook off eventually. If your guide is not too loose the tar on its own may do the job, mine is a HC but I think an early one. TX is a piece of cake to work on with a bit of instruction (thanks Neil @ Barbury). One thing I was advised is get all the moly off - it loosens the tar.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....hlight=maccari

TX200HC .22, AGS 3-9x40
    S410 Classic, Bushnell Banner 3-9x40

Quote Originally Posted by Sub Sea Sniper
    I bought my Air Arms TX200HC new in April and have put about 3000 pellets through it since then.
    The gun is sounding a bit twangy now and I was wondering what I should do. Will a strip/relube do the trick or do I need new seals or anything?
    Thats strange, I've had 3 TX variants, and there are numerous ones at the Club, and none of them are twangy (weihrauchs ARE twangy new).
    If you are stripping it down, then I wouldnt just relube it, get yourself a new kit from Air Arms, which has everything you need in it.Around £30.
    Alan.

partime outlaw Guest
    Twang is 90% of the time down to spring guide fit. Tight guides stop the twang which is why most good tunes fit the guides to individual springs. Plenty of info on this if you do a search.