Thread: Looking for some guidance on my Daystate MK4 GP

Looking for some guidance on my Daystate MK4 GP

I have a daystate MK4 GP which I bought new around 2010/11, as I was using it for HFT I fitted a custom Gary Cane HFT stock. It also has a Bushnall 6500 milldot scope 2.5-16x42. I have not used it since 2012 and has sat in my loft in its hard case ever since. It will need a new battery as charger will not charge it now.

I am looking for a rough guide price to sell it for complete. It will probably need a service before using it to be safe.

I would be grateful for any guidance on selling this rifle as I have been out of the loop for many years.
    Jeff

Difficult to say without more info.

I had a GP, think I sold it for around 1200 -1300 pounds a couple of years ago. It was in a custom GP GC stock, blue and grey as I bought it S/H action only. Although it looked like a standard one Gary made it for me with two cheek pieces (flat and scaloped). It was also an ex Daystate team gun which was verified to me whilst at the factory getting it serviced.
    The serial number is quite important with the GP and service history, later is better if it's been looked after. Can't remember how much a service and battery cost me now I think it was around the £150 mark but that was quite a while ago now.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

Thanks for the reply, the serial number is GP100 so is quite an early one but I did send it into daystate for some barrel update shortly after I bought it. The gun, stock and scope are like new. The stock is a blue laminate to match the gun and is based on the MK4 platinum HFT rifle. I had some great results with this rifle on the HFT circuit.

i will put some pictures in the advert when I put it on for sale.
    Jeff

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    As said, these are getting on a bit now and you don't see many, but some people will pay good money for the right gun, but you also have to consider it needing a battery and service which will be around £200 if nothing else is wrong as it's been sitting for 6 years?

All I can suggest is get the work done and you then have a sorted gun with paperwork to match and you will get the best price - but you could also just get a battery and sell "as is" for less, it may appeal to more people who do their own work?

Pictures and any paperwork are a big help.

I would guess at around a £1200 with the new battery so it shoots, but you could advertise higher and see what the interest is as it's hard to gauge on a gun you seldom see on the open market and can have quite a variable price depending on demand and location.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired