Thread: importing from the states and canada

importing from the states and canada

Hi Happy New Year to one and all. Have a brother who lives in Canada and we were talking on the phone at Christmas when we got to saying about if it is possible to bring a low power air weapon in from the states or Canada Was wondering if any members on here had imported any.if so any thing to look out for, customs import duty "etc". any other possible pitfalls. Many Thanks,

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Easiest thing is to ask them. Only thing I can add is that Pyramid Air will not post guns (even sub 12ft) to UK. I suspect that the UK govt. May well have asked for a tightening up of shipments, but not 100% sure. There were some problems a while back with items being posted. Interested to see if anyone has any other info

I think the regulations changed with regard to the US shipping out of country. I think they will only ship firearms and parts (including air guns) to US territories. That might include Canada but I do not know. I think this changed last April. I do not know the regulations for shipping out of Canada though.

Airguns and muzzle loading firearms can be shipped to Canada from the USA, as well as some antique cartridge firearms.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by grantb View Post
    Airguns and muzzle loading firearms can be shipped to Canada from the USA, as well as some antique cartridge firearms.
    The problem is getting them past our customs inbound.

assuming they will send it I got be clobbered with vat and customs clearance charges and initally a letter saying I needed a licence and that was over 30 years ago..

I've bought a few guns from Marvin the airgun guy in Canada.Never had any issues, he uses Canada post & the customs documentation is marked low powered airgun which conforms to UK regulations. Parcel force usually contact you by letter for the import duty due you pay them & they deliver it simple.

I have a friend who brought a 28R from USA. Had to inform BA. It was in a locked box in hold. Declared to customs at immigration. Forms to fill out. I think a fee to be paid but possible to do legally.
    Not sure about posting.

Used airgunexporter.com who adjusted power level to UK requirements on a Benjamin from USA, and provided power paperwork for customs. On arrival here paid vat/import and RM charges and delivered to my door on a day of my choosing. You can work out your charges from a duty calculator,even after all the charges I saved a 100 quid on UK price if I could have found someone to order it for me here in the first place
    Last edited by bobster; 29-01-2018 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Typp

Importing from USA Canada

I brought in a boxed cadet from Canada about 3yrs back. Had to liaise with RCMP and Canadian Coustoms to confirm that it was a sub if memory is right 500 fps. When it arrived in uk Coustoms seine seized it and sent a nice letter to say was going to destroyed in 14 days if I could not prove it was sub 12ft pounds. I had to forward all literature I could find in every available airgun reference book even though the RCMP ect had approved the gun for export. When I finally got it released from Uk Coustoms parcel force sent me a nice bill for £48 odd to deliver the gun which instead of taking it to Crawfords RFD as addressed they landed at my door with. My advice would be contact all possible agencies and send them all reference literature by recorded post and print of copies of your emails ect.

Thanks to all who replied to my post very enlightening. any one with more to add please continue the post Many Thanks again