Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
Yes they are, when the sliding-breech escaped from the Match rifle and Communist camps and made it to Sporting Rifle land it was all over. Dumping leather piston seals etc etc were all detail moves.

I think the most important thing has been the improvements of the pellets, and the dumping of the tap-loaders which, with a tiny number of exceptions, were shite compared to their break-barrel sisters. Your Diana 35 is probably far more accurate than any Diana 50 anyone on the board has got, and more powerful too.

There are a lot more to choose from now though, although all variations on a theme. I might get a Hatsan, as that is a truly modern springer.

No one will make a 22mm bore, it is as likely as Air Arms making a HW99S-type rifle. Not a big enough market...
My .177 Original 50 is ahead of my 35's in accuracy and smoothness. It's behind them in power but Im not fussed. Its a 10m gun and does its job very, very well.
I've always thought the original Walther LGV absolutely superb. And no recoiling springer comes close in smoothness, quality and build in my opinion.