Thread: Are springers stuck in the 80s?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    It just doesn't have the resistance of say, an old school HW77 detent. I would like more resistance!

I came across a 25-round 50 yard still-air group I shot with that ProSport of yours, by golly it was accurate. I will spec it up when I get hold of some vernier calipers.
    And you got rid of it

If I remember correctly didn't the early 77 have a sliding type catch underneath?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    And you got rid of it

If I remember correctly didn't the early 77 have a sliding type catch underneath?

Pete
    I know, I was a fool. Pity the fool!

The Mk 1 had a ball-bearing on a spring. Classy, huh? The Mk II and Mk III (I think that is as far as the 77 got before the 97 arrived) have a sliding catch.

To be fair, only the MK2 has the awkward sliding thumb catch. After that, it's a push button on the end.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    To be fair, only the MK2 has the awkward sliding thumb catch. After that, it's a push button on the end.
    God, I'm going to have a look at the old iron...

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    To be fairer (), the sliding catch is very good once you get used to it. Having had my 77k from new all those years ago I find it no problem.
    Underlevers popping down? Yes ... have known an Airsporter with that problem and a Prosport.
    Cheers, Phil

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Underlevers popping down? Yes ... have known an Airsporter with that problem and a Prosport.
    In both cases that's just a small spring that needs sorting.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in