Hi Chris,

I spent ages typing out a reply to your PM and then your inbox was full when I tried to send it to you, so I didn't want to waste what I had written, anyway here's my reply.

I'd say yes, Wonky does a complete rebuild of the internals, I can't say how well it shoots now as I went all anti Weihrauch shortly after having it done (it's an age and "don't mention the war" sort of thing) and sold it on, it certainly made a hell of a difference from what it was like before (I swapped a rifle for the 95 and it came with a V-mach kit in it), the thing is for me is I don't like V-mach kits either as I feel they are overpriced and the kit I had for my first Prosport made it harder to cock and kept going over the legal limit, even after several spring exchanges with Steve, I ended up putting a SFS spring in and had no problems after that but I do have to admit that my 95 did shoot pretty nice with the V-mach kit in it but comparing it to the Chinese XS20 I had before it, then there was no contest really.

Now here's the thing, a Wonky tune was £160 (about 2 years ago) plus postage there and back (another £40-50), fair enough the tune will have the transfer port sorted out and it will be short stroked and a special piston seal used blah blah blah, the tune made a lot of difference but I wouldn't say it was streets ahead but I didn't run it in properly so it could have only got better and then I'd probably have been blown away, people often ask about tuning and at the end of the day it all depends on what you like from the rifle, if yours is shooting well, with top notch accuracy and little recoil and no annoying twang, then either leave it as is or I'd recommend putting a Tinbum short stroke head in it and getting rid of any heavy top hat or washers in the piston (if it has any of those fitted) and just putting a Delrin top hat in with slip washers but we also don't know what else the Airgun Dr who tuned yours also done or did he just drop the kit in and that was it?

At the end of the day, do you think spending £200 on the gun will make it any better than it already is, yes we all want perfection but if the pellets are going where you want them to go, then that's all that matters, you could spend £200 on a decent stock that would improve your shooting and enjoyment ten fold.

I'd ask some of the HW nutters like TonyL etc and they will help you out more than I can really as I'm just a lowly BSA lover, but I'm sure they will be along soon and chime up about what to do.

Cheers

Pete