Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
And, Pete, there's nothing remotely "lowly" about being a BSA fan.

I owned many over the years which all gave great satisfaction at the time.

I haven't owned one for years until the freebie little Supersport came into my like a couple of weeks ago. Much of what I remembered from years ago were the horrid Meteor pistons formed from sheet. But this Supersport really surprised me. It's obviously had a hard-ish life, but the cylinder and piston are perfect (the piston being VERY impressive, actually) and the much feared wobbly breech isn't there. Some bits maybe a little "flaky" like the cocking linkage, although I'd guess that that is a non-issue if not using an overly strong spring.

And I have shot a few Beesas which impressed at the various Bash events.

I could quite easily become a BSA fan all over again.

Can't wait to get this one built up!
To be honest Tone, I do feel that BSA's are looked down on nowadays, which to be honest I can understand as I/we feel like we've been let down by BSA in recent years for producing such utter crap that shows the prestigious BSA name up, if it wasn't for Air Arms doing such a good job, we'd be the laughing stock of Europe regarding springer production (even the Turks can do a better job than BSA) and I can see why people buy HW's instead (but it pains me to say that).

Pete