Hi Robin - thanks for your contribution!

It hardly needs mentioning that the time and cost involved in making some (if not all) of the modifications to my HW30S is illogical ( as Spock would say) and would suggest that it would be better not to bother - buying a target rifle that fits me better and has all these parts on it already would make a lot more sense.

After all - the rifle is basically too small for me BUT it is a delight to shoot and it is accurate, it also has a nice trigger and it is very light - quite a change from anything else that I have ( the closest thing to it in size and weight is probably my Webley Mk 3 Supertarget).

However, that is not the point. I don't NEED to do any of these things to what is already a nice little rifle but I am enjoying playing with it and making it a little more comfortable to shoot is a nice project.

I am not sure how far I will go with it. I have already ordered the adjustable butt plate and that will help a lot and beefing-up the height of the comb would probably be helpful too (as Russ has already done on his).

If I had not mentioned an adjustable butt plate on this thread I would probably never have known about the low cost option that I have now ordered and by mentioning a target stock (even if that was done "tongue in cheek") may just throw up another unknown (to me) option that may exist out there!

If a suitable "doner stock" should crop-up I may well be tempted to graft this nice little action into it, but the most likely scenario would be just fitting the adjustable butt plate, a pair of riser blocks and adding some padding to the comb to make it fit my gangly shape a little bit better!