Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
I remember as a kid I has an airsporter and my mate had a MK 3 the Bsa was more powerful and much more reliable ( and we used to give them some stick )
his used to keep undoing every screw and pin and he needed a tool kit in his pocket to keep it working
The airsporter just kept going ! Having said that I loved his MK3 and thought it was the most beautiful thing on earth ( not really too involved with girls at that age )

Have one of each and a osprey Now ( another gun that was WOW first time I saw it ) Never really shoot them but they are nice to have
Mally - Like you, most of my air gun collecting interests also date from the pre-girl period of my adolescence. When I thought MkIIIs and 'sporters were ancient rubbish. We live and learn as we age.

Osprey? Really? Mediocre at best in my book.

45flint: I think this is what you guys over there call a Ford v Chevy discussion. Some people have a strong affinity for one or the other, but they are objectively about as good as each other. (My answer, when I lived across the pond, was Pontiac. Specifically an SD-455. That thing was a bloody monster.) As I've said before, get both and form a judgment on what suits you. They are out there, even in the US. And get a D50 to compare.