Thread: Webley Mark 3 vs BSA Airsporter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Webley Mark 3 vs BSA Airsporter

You English collectors would know, looking at a early gun 1950s? which is the better gun of the two to own?

This may sound strange from a Webley collector, but I prefer the Airsporter.
    A Mk.1 .22 Airsporter was the first air rifle I owned, and I prefer the loading tap on the left side.
    I've never been a great fan of the Mk.3, particularly once they put that pathetic scope rail on it, even though I have a few in my collection.

I like the early mk3 solid rifle including the stock which is a bit flimsy on early bsa

The WEBLEY Mklll for the build and accuracy.
    The BSA AIRSPORTER for power and looks,
    In my youth, which was long,long ago I had many of both models pass through my mits, it’s all in the eye of the beholder!,

DaveM.

I have a very early Webley Mk3 (serial number 31) with the 'double pull' (two stage) trigger and it is a really nice rifle. The trigger is streets ahead of anything offered on their later guns until the likes of the Omega. Just a pity they didn't continue with the design.

I also have a nice Mk1 Airsporter.

I would agree with the Airsporter being the more elegant rifle, but the Webley does seem to be a touch better engineered.

As to which is best to own - just get both and enjoy them.
    Last edited by rockdrill; 23-01-2018 at 08:05 AM.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

I too have a first series Webley mk 3 and mk 1 airsporter I would say airsporter mike