Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Filling Weihrauch HW100

Filling Weihrauch HW100

Just received a HW 100 and have the whip to fill the gun from my dive cylinder but do not have the means to bleed the line. Can I just pull the adapter out after filling?

No.

If you've not got an airgun fill valve with a bleed screw or button - you need one.

As above ... get the right equipment, it is not expensive and you owe it to yourself to do things safely. To simply try to pull the fill plug out would lead to an uncontrolled expulsion of compressed air which is not good.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    As above ... get the right equipment, it is not expensive and you owe it to yourself to do things safely. To simply try to pull the fill plug out would lead to an uncontrolled expulsion of compressed air which is not good.
    Cheers, Phil
    And he'd probably need a new pair of filling probe o rings for every fill, Phil.

Phil

As above. whatever you do, don't try yanking the probe out.

Have a look at the Best Fittings website - they'll have the bits that you need.

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    And he'd probably need a new pair of filling probe o rings for every fill, Phil.

Phil
    And maybe a new front tooth or two if the whip line and probe clouted him.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by AndyWales View Post
    Just received a HW 100 and have the whip to fill the gun from my dive cylinder but do not have the means to bleed the line. Can I just pull the adapter out after filling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    No.

If you've not got an airgun fill valve with a bleed screw or button - you need one.
    Never mind the bleed, there won't be a decent pressure gauge

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWales View Post
    Post a photo of the top of your air cylinder that you fill from would you? It would help us so we can advise you properly....

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Post a photo of the top of your air cylinder that you fill from would you? It would help us so we can advise you properly....
    The cylinder has a standard DIN fitting. The gun has a gauge on it which I have read is quite accurate so I guess I just need an inline DIN bleed valve. I can find these on the web but cannot find a UK supplier.

If your bottle is DIN screw fitting and has no gauge just a valve then you need one like this:
    https://www.jsramsbottom.com/product...ose-gauge.html
    They have a far more accurate gauge than the gun gauge (don't believe the people who say that Weihrauch gauges are accurate I've seen plenty that read +/-20 or more bar out!) The gauge assembly has a push button bleed valve for emptying the line when detatching after filling.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

In addition, the 100s mano is on the end of the tube so people are tempted to look at it with their heads over the barrel. I consider that to be a bad idea whatever gun it is.

The bottle gauge will be more accurate imho and removes you from a possible very bad habit.

One tip I will suggest is get metal scribe or a sharpie and mark a line on your probe and a dot on the port. Always insert the line with the dot.

The seals will wear or might have burrs. If you suffer knackered seals, by magnifying the seals, you can figure where the damage is on the port and possibly sort it extending the seal life.

I also suggest you get replacement seals NOW so you don't get caught out.

Also, if you unscrew your cylinder, there is a tiny seal on the end of the male valve in the action. This is also a regular contender to a mash up - so spares of those is a good idea too.

The push button bleed valves are better than the thumb screw sorts.

If you have more than 1 PCP, look at mounting the probe onto a MALE connector and get a whip with a female and ball bearing pull collar. That way all the different probes will fit one bottle. Makes life so much easier.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by rancidtom View Post
    If your bottle is DIN screw fitting and has no gauge just a valve then you need one like this:
    https://www.jsramsbottom.com/product...ose-gauge.html
    They have a far more accurate gauge than the gun gauge (don't believe the people who say that Weihrauch gauges are accurate I've seen plenty that read +/-20 or more bar out!) The gauge assembly has a push button bleed valve for emptying the line when detatching after filling.
    Good choice ... it is the one I have and came with the bottle I bought some years ago. Note though, and I guess you know this, that the bottle to which you attach this fitment is classed as a diving cylinder and is thus subject to a test every 2.5 years, alternating between visual inspection and full hydro test.
    Cheers, Phil

Sadly this is a prime example of an accident looking for a place to happen, due to little or no knowledge of, or experience with pcp filling equipment, and just how dangerous HP gasses can be.
    It simply should not be happening.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Sadly this is a prime example of an accident looking for a place to happen, due to little or no knowledge of, or experience with pcp filling equipment, and just how dangerous HP gasses can be.
    It simply should not be happening.

True......but at least the OP had the 'nads to ask on here first, before trying for a Darwin award!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

I've been scuba diving for over 35yrs so am fully aware of high pressure air hence my question for advice posted on this forum.