Thread: Fx wildcat any good

Fx wildcat any good

Been looking at the fx wildcat anyone had experience with them good or bad many thanks Albert

I like my one in .22 cal,big shot count 280 and very accurate with Falcon accuracy plus.
    Les..

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Very happy with mine in 177.

Ultra consistent accuracy, light and very pointable. What's not to like?
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

I've got a .177 and now its sorted it's spot on, had to send it back a couple times, full cocking mec. replaced than a leak, but now its spot on!! Only thing is I'm still trying to find the right scope, I've been using a 4-14x44, but finding it top heavy. I'm about to put a C-more 2.5-10x26 on it, not only will it not be top heavy, I think it looks better. accuracy is scope on pellet on pellet, matches my wolverine

Very good

I have one in .177 calibre

Light
    Accurate
    Nice looks
    High shot count
    Easy to fill
    Simple magazine
    Doesn't need a silencer as quiet without
    Consistent
    Nice trigger

Be careful if you dry fire it as the small pin on the side lever cocking arm can come loose if you do, I put a drop of loctite on mine and pushed it back hasnt moved since

You can buy an aftermarket butt pad which can hold 2 additional magazines

Has mine about 7 months and very happy with it

Quote Originally Posted by the hillbilly View Post
    I've got a .177 and now its sorted it's spot on, had to send it back a couple times, full cocking mec. replaced than a leak, but now its spot on!! Only thing is I'm still trying to find the right scope, I've been using a 4-14x44, but finding it top heavy. I'm about to put a C-more 2.5-10x26 on it, not only will it not be top heavy, I think it looks better. accuracy is scope on pellet on pellet, matches my wolverine
    I’ve put an MTC Viper Connect 3-12x32 on mine and it’s transformed it. Amazing gun just got better

Looks the business

I have a .22 FX Wildcat. Had it tuned by supplier who added a carbon fibre (in matt black) shroud and silencer

Easy to use, only downside is the 8 pellets in the magazine, but I have a holder that fits in the butt that takes 3 magazines. well made and I wanted a Bullpup

If I was buying now I would consider a FX Verminator mk II, just for its Take Down Rifle attribute (TDR), or even the extreme which fires arrows! (is that allowed in this country?)

MTC Pro viper 5-30x50 scope fitted on mine, took some adjusting but that's to be expected. Love the display in it.
    Scope probably too fussy for hunting.

It would be nice if the butt adjusted...
    Last edited by keland; 09-02-2018 at 11:38 PM. Reason: scope definition was incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by airgun View Post
    Been looking at the fx wildcat anyone had experience with them good or bad many thanks Albert
    I wouldn't have a smooth-twist barrel if you put me on a wall and threw one at me!

Bobcat .177 - rubbish grouping at 40 yards.

Impact .177 - rubbish grouping at 40 yards.

Experience with both of the above and early resale was the only way forward.

I feel sure that smooth-twist is better at higher Ft-lbs / velocities but for sub 12 ft-lbs - no.

Try before you buy!

John
    Steyr LG 110 2014; Steyr Pro X; Anschutz 9015 HP ; SCR Exile .177; FX X barrel .177 Aeron Streamline; Daystate Delta Wolf .177; Tau-Brno MK300 .177; Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 .177

Quote Originally Posted by Jackspratt View Post
    I wouldn't have a smooth-twist barrel if you put me on a wall and threw one at me!

Bobcat .177 - rubbish grouping at 40 yards.

Impact .177 - rubbish grouping at 40 yards.

Experience with both of the above and early resale was the only way forward.

I feel sure that smooth-twist is better at higher Ft-lbs / velocities but for sub 12 ft-lbs - no.

Try before you buy!

John
    No problem whatsoever with my Wildcat , groups very well and hits what I point it at. It's in .177 but is Air-Fective tuned.

I made the mistake of buying one without trying it first and ended up selling it within a week but it was very accurate, lightweight and really looked the part, I just couldn't get use to how it felt when shouldered. I couldn't get a decent cheek weld on it even with the MTC Connect and it was even worse with a conventional scope fitted.

My advice would be to make sure you try one before you commit to buying to make sure your ok using it as it's very different to shouldering a normal/traditional air rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegogg View Post
    I made the mistake of buying one without trying it first and ended up selling it within a week but it was very accurate, lightweight and really looked the part, I just couldn't get use to how it felt when shouldered. I couldn't get a decent cheek weld on it even with the MTC Connect and it was even worse with a conventional scope fitted.

My advice would be to make sure you try one before you commit to buying to make sure your ok using it as it's very different to shouldering a normal/traditional air rifle.
    Good advice , l very nearly got rid of mine for the same reasons but we eventually clicked. Superb rifle well worth a look.

Superb you will love wildcat

Fx wildcat

Hi I've got two, the best hunting gun on the market. The bullpup design means cheek weld is not likely just get the scope on high mounts and every thing will feel right. Accuracy is fantastic with any jsb. Standing shots are much easier. Loading of the mags must be done carefully, pellets must not protrude above mag surface and mag must be inserted and then turned slightly clockwise until you feel the index lever locate on the mag then close the lever slowly there should be very little resistance. Once you get the knack you will have no problems I have had mine two years with no problems, a better gun than the impact in sub 12. The .22 doesn't need a silencer, the .177 is still pretty quiet I put a hugget belita on mine looks good. Shot count well over 200 for both calibres.
    Last edited by keithy; 11-02-2018 at 09:53 PM.
    mk2 rapid.22

As I said before, just make sure you try before you buy. Nothing at all wrong with the performance but it does feel different if you've been using other std design air rifles, unfortunately for me I couldn't take to it and quickly sold it and then got told the next owner did exactly the same as he couldn't get use to it either..