Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Daystate Wolverine R....

New Daystate Wolverine R....

Hi All,

I’ve just seen today that Daystate have announced a new Wolverine R (advert from the Airgun Centre) which is a regulated gun and this time round has a side lever cocking handle like the HW100.

I was looking to immanently buy a Wolverine 2 B type to add to my HW100 and am wondering if prices are likely to decrease on the outgoing model?
    Do you think this is likely to happen or more likely that the current models will stay the same price?

I like the side cocking lever on the HW100 but part of the attraction to the Wolverine was the traditional bolt action. I’m sure the regulator on the new model will be a good thing, but I reckon the price is also likely to increase!

Decisions decisions....

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Here is some more detail for you on the regular version - which is a dam sight prettier than the "Serie Rosso" LE version.

They are priced at £1950, so the other earlier version will probably hang around for a bit while stocks reduce, but I would expect them to eventually go. It looks like the expectation for a regulator has finally come round, and Daystate are giving a lot of people what they have been asking for - and as it's a Huma reg. they have avoided the trap of hashing together some in house rubbish, so it should be spot on. I think this is expensive, but I also think it will be one of the very best sporting rifles out there, and in the real world this is major competition for rifles like the Steyr Hunter 5 etc., not an AA510.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

peterd8877 is offline Anschutz connoisseur and marksman
    Ugly or what?

Thanks for the info James, that’s a smart looking but of kit. I wonder if the standard R model will now come with a carbon buddy bottle as shown on the Grey rifle..

I am very tempted by this but at almost 2 grand which is practically double the price of the Wolverine 2, the HW100 would have to go to part fund it.

Mick

I think this is more of an attempt to fill in the shoes of the MK IV rather than give us yet another version of The Wolverine and with that price they can keep it. It is about £600.00 over priced. Still, they'd probably sell like hotcakes to the converted.

A.G

Out of curiosity, where did you find info about the prices mate? If the R model is almost 2 grand I dread to think how much the electronic Red Wolf will cost!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    I think this is more of an attempt to fill in the shoes of the MK IV rather than give us yet another version of The Wolverine and with that price they can keep it. It is about £600.00 over priced. Still, they'd probably sell like hotcakes to the converted.

A.G
    I agree completely. I think the new regulator and design will add around £200-300 on the cost of the current Wolverine putting it around £1400.

If it’s gone from £1150 to £1950 in price, I’ll probably stick to plan A and buy one of the current models and hopefully at a reduced price!

secretagentmole Guest
    If Daystate made Theobens....

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    If Theoben had offered decent customer service

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedTripleR View Post
    I agree completely. I think the new regulator and design will add around £200-300 on the cost of the current Wolverine putting it around £1400.

If it’s gone from £1150 to £1950 in price, I’ll probably stick to plan A and buy one of the current models and hopefully at a reduced price!
    There is already a ' Special limited ' version of it on sale or order for £2499.00. It is called Red Wolf, which to you and I means a red laminate stock. The gun hasn't even hit the shops yet but we have the usual Daystate markting tosh. Don't get me wrong I really like Daystate otherwise I wouldn't own one but these sort of prices are just about out of reach of 99% of airgunners. Just what exactly do they want to achieve?

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    No, If Daystate made lager, everyone would be tea total.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    There is already a ' Special limited ' version of it on sale or order for £2499.00. It is called Red Wolf, which to you and I means a red laminate stock. The gun hasn't even hit the shops yet but we have the usual Daystate markting tosh. Don't get me wrong I really like Daystate otherwise I wouldn't own one but these sort of prices are just about out of reach of 99% of airgunners. Just what exactly do they want to achieve?

A.G
    No, there isn't. The red stocked special edition you mention is a limited gun called Rosso, it is in fact an LE version of the Red Wolf - the new electronic gun.

The Wolverine R is another new rifle, mechanical and regulated.
    Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum

Quote Originally Posted by airwolf1 View Post
    No, there isn't. The red stocked special edition you mention is a limited gun called Rosso, it is in fact an LE version of the Red Wolf - the new electronic gun.

The Wolverine R is another new rifle, mechanical and regulated.
    Serie Rosso to be exact, and as I said in my first post probably an attempt to fill the void by getting rid of the MK IV.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedTripleR View Post

Surely the R version won’t be £1950. Will be gutted if it is. Out of it at that price. In if it’s around £1400. Need to know a price, need to know a price uuurrrgggghhh.

Quote Originally Posted by peterd8877 View Post
    Ugly or what?
    Couldn't agree more. Had a good smacking with the ugly stick that one. It makes a Rapid look a work of art