Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Daystate Wolverine R....

stunning gun ,

stunning i cannot see anything to dislike and a proper regulator , when the price comes down i will buy one second hand, it would be a funny old world if we all liked the same. ATB bob.

Quote Originally Posted by markpimmy View Post
    Surely the R version won’t be £1950. Will be gutted if it is. Out of it at that price. In if it’s around £1400. Need to know a price, need to know a price uuurrrgggghhh.
    The Wolverine R will start at £1349 rrp
    Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum

Quote Originally Posted by markpimmy View Post
    Surely the R version won’t be £1950. Will be gutted if it is. Out of it at that price. In if it’s around £1400. Need to know a price, need to know a price uuurrrgggghhh.
    I’m hoping so too. I can’t see how a mechanical air rifle can be worth 2 grand. I think my limit will be upto £1500 at the very most.

I don’t shoot often enough to justify spending any more than that on an air rifle. If I used it on a daily basis then maybe, but for a few outings a month, it’s just not worth it.

I’m hoping they release the price soon so I can decide if I should wait for this or go and buy a Wolverine 2 now and save a load of cash!

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedTripleR View Post
    I’m hoping so too. I can’t see how a mechanical air rifle can be worth 2 grand. I think my limit will be upto £1500 at the very most.

I don’t shoot often enough to justify spending any more than that on an air rifle. If I used it on a daily basis then maybe, but for a few outings a month, it’s just not worth it.

I’m hoping they release the price soon so I can decide if I should wait for this or go and buy a Wolverine 2 now and save a load of cash!
    An R it is then.

That’s more like it! I’m avin one

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Just a few bits:

There are 3 new guns:

1. Serei Rosso - LE one £2500

2. Red Wolf - Electronic version based on the Pulsar from £1799 to £1999

3. Wolverine 2 "R" - regulated W2 with a sidelever from £1349 to £1500 depending on stock/bottle/spec etc.

So we now have prices at the lower end which are on a standing with other in the same category like the Steyr Hunting 5 for example.

The pictures are all CGI so far, non are of the real guns, so expect to see better, less shiny ones appearing soon.

You have to accept the LE for what it is - a collectors item, your not going to see many down the range or in a field, but I think with Daystate now offering a regged gun with a proven background and large shot count they will be attractive to those who would never consider them in the past. I also think with the variable power up to 70fpe, and a shot count of over 100 at 50pfe, then the FAC guys are going to have a field day.

I'm looking forward to getting a go of these, I'm not in the market for the Rosso, but at the lower end a regged W2R for £1350? - it's worth thinking about.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

More info from shot show taken from the DOC

Im at the Shot show at the minute launching the new rifles. The Red Wolf Serie Rosso in pictures and renders looks nowhere near as stunning as it does in the flesh. It really does look amazing. The block is in a gun metal grey that has a purple sheen in some light and the red engraving sets it off perfectly. As has been stated this is £2499 in the UK and there will only be 95 in the country. The US have 50 and the rest elsewhere in the world. Also they are almost sold out. The Wolverine R is light looks amazing in both stocks both Grey laminate and Walnut and starts at £1349 with a steel bottle and walnut stock to £1499 with the carbon bottle and laminate stock. All versions should be available from British Shooting Show.

The standard Red Wolf will be available in walnut and a different laminate stock which will be available later this year. The walnut should be available from beginning of April and start from £1799 with a steel bottle.

This is a new line of gun and not the Wolverine E you were all expecting. The shot counts on the Spec Sheets are after alpha software on the gun and these should increase with the newer versions of software. Software isn't transferrable to the pulsar as they work in different ways with everything on the red wolf being electric except a mechanical safety which changes how the gun works. Its a new block and completely different I expect to what you all thought was coming.

The existing Wolverine 2 is staying in the range and we have no plans to discontinue this rifle. It is a different stock, bolt action to the Wolverine R and we know some people don't like regulators..

Also dont forget the Renegade HR which is the regulated version available from mid February and available to buy at the BSS at £1399.

Not a bad start to the year. And more announcements to come throughout the year. Pics Ill send to Simon and he can post across the mediums but come and see the guns at the shows as the weights and looks are so different in the flesh to what you expect.

Video of the rifles at the Shot Show in Vegas...

Quote Originally Posted by peterd8877 View Post
    Ugly or what?
    The word ostentatious springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by scrane View Post
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by scrane View Post
    Conspicuous consumption. I suppose if you drop £2k on a rifle you want people to know about it...
    Good deals with these members

WOW .......I WANT THE WOLVERINE R

Wolverine R availability

I emailed Solware yesterday and they said they’re taking deposits for end of March deliveries. Seriously tempted, I’ve always liked the Wolverine 2 but that laminate R looks great.

https://www.solware.co.uk/daystate-w...egulated-btype

Quote Originally Posted by Thegogg View Post
    WOW .......I WANT THE WOLVERINE R
    I want the wolverine R in the walnut red wolf stock