Thread: Webley pistol advice needed

Webley pistol advice needed

I have just bought a couple of old Webley pistols to play about with, I stripped them to check them out and give them a Clean/Lube, firstly I found when I stripped down my Junior ( 1946- 58 model) that the piston seal is knackered though the gun still fires, the barrel was bent I straitened it on my lathe using a dial gauge, and pressing it carefully with the sliding head till I got it true, the question is where can I get a piston seal ( is the Mark 2 the same as they seem to be available) or does anyone know of a good upgrade the size appears to be 3/4" diameter. Secondly I have a 46-58 Webley Senior and the spring looks a bit twisted and if it has seen better days, it looks to me as if its the same spring that my Hurricane has, what would anyone recommend as the best spring to fit, would it be better to fit an aftermarket one I checked the pistol with my Chrono and it was making 250 fps with a wasp 5.6 pellet, does this sound as if it needs a new spring, the piston, cylinder and ring seem to be in good condition.

Thanks I've ordered a piston seal from Knibbs I'll just wait for the advice on springs.