Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Howa 1500 .308win

Great write up

An excellent review. I've had my Howa for just over 4 years. A cracking rifle for the money.

A week ago today I got to shoot a brand-new Howa in .308Win at our club range. It had been fitted with the new GRS Berserk composite stock.

Shooting the NATO-issue GGG stuff, I put three consecutive rounds into one raggedy hole, and the fourth one about 4 - 5 mm away.

Beautiful trigger, too.

tac

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    A week ago today I got to shoot a brand-new Howa in .308Win at our club range. It had been fitted with the new GRS Berserk composite stock.

Shooting the NATO-issue GGG stuff, I put three consecutive rounds into one raggedy hole, and the fourth one about 4 - 5 mm away.

Beautiful trigger, too.

tac
    That's good to hear. I'm about to order a new Howa Varmint in the same calibre (unless something 'interesting' comes along before the end of the month at the right price 2nd hand) although I think I'll be going with the B&C stock as I'm not keen on the looks of the GRS stuff, good as it may be.

I really like the Howa trigger on the newer models, for a factory unit it feels bloody good. I've also found out that there's a mag conversion available with a 'real metal' bottom metal (as opposed to the polymer one they usually get fitted with) to take AICS mags... Importing it might be another matter though!
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

picked up one of these howa's in .308 with a standard sporter barrel but in a B and C stock and after doing some trigger fettling i have had 3shot 16mm /100 yrds groups with handloads from it,quite frankly i think these are outstanding value for money and i think it would be hard to get more bang for your buck..
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellequin View Post
    That's good to hear. I'm about to order a new Howa Varmint in the same calibre (unless something 'interesting' comes along before the end of the month at the right price 2nd hand) although I think I'll be going with the B&C stock as I'm not keen on the looks of the GRS stuff, good as it may be.

I really like the Howa trigger on the newer models, for a factory unit it feels bloody good. I've also found out that there's a mag conversion available with a 'real metal' bottom metal (as opposed to the polymer one they usually get fitted with) to take AICS mags... Importing it might be another matter though!
    Speak to Mike at Brock and Norris, he's got floor plates in for Howas, they do require fitting and bedding to work with AICS mags though.
    Last edited by Charlts; 16-12-2016 at 04:25 PM.
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!