Quote Originally Posted by Mod
Project ‘Tightwad’!!

A word about the scope I have chosen to use – branded the ‘Super Sniper’ it is a fixed 10 x 42 Mildot unit with external turret adjustment. A 30mm tube and rear mounted parallax adjustment completes the specification.

These were originally put forward to the US Navy when they were seeking a replacement for the Leupold. It was tested to destruction (as only the military can) and eventually taken into service by the SEALS. The original scopes were excellent quality – this soon slipped however and the name ‘Trashco’ started to be bandied around.

Years later, the Super Sniper is back. Manufactured (in the Hakko factory – same people constructing the Nightforce range) and sold direct by SWFA. Excellent optics, very repeatable tracking and bomb proof construction.

Rgds

Mod
They are a good scope for the money, but don't believe the SWFA hype. There was an NSN number issued for the 'Sniper' once, but it's never been seen on any real combat rifles, let alone ones used by Special Forces - it wouldn't be, because the low light performance is very average. I've had about every variation of this scope possible, from all the different manufacturers in the Far East - I still own two and I like them OK, but they aren't the last word in optics and stack up unfavourably even to some cheap Bushnell models.

Try it out at dusk, or with the sun against you, you'll soon find it's limitations.