Thread: FWB 65 Grip Sizes

FWB 65 Grip Sizes

Does anyone know for certain if the two original grip sizes for the 65 - 1 & 2 - are equivalent to 'medium' and 'large'?
    Of course, this does not mean much if I can't find one!
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    I'm not a classic anorak, just shot a 65 competitively when they were new, and still have mine bought in '72, but I never knew there were two different grip sizes, just standard plastic, standard walnut, and anatomical?

Those who wanted them to fit better were limited to plastic wood or the Dremel, or Leslie Bowler, or Derek Gent, made to measure grips. Wonder how many Bowlers or Gents grips there are about now?

Have Fun
    Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 25-01-2018 at 10:24 AM.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    I'm not a classic anorak, just shot a 65 competitively when they were new, and still have mine bought in '72, but I never knew there were two different grip sizes, just standard plastic, standard walnut, and anatomical?

Those who wanted them to fit better were limited to plastic wood or the Dremel, or Leslie Bowler, or Derek Gent, made to measure grips. Wonder how many Bowlers or Gents grips there are about now?

Have Fun
    Robin
    Leslie Bowler made the grips for my .22 Military Citation back in the day and I have had a Derek Gent grip on a Walther CP1 recently too - but these days the only grip maker that is actively producing grips (that I know of) to fit a large range of air pistols is RINK.

If you are not a collector and you just want a really nice grip to fit your hand (and your FWB 65) then the RINK grips are superb and come highly recommended.

These are available in walnut or laminated (at extra cost) and all details about them can be seen on their site.

I have bought several grips from RINK over the years to fit a variety of different air pistols and have never been disappointed with the fit or the quality.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Rink indeed!

I it would be nice to have one for the 65; I have a laminated one on my P34, but I don't think I could justify £160 for the 65.

However, I have a cunning plan to decide whether to sell the P34 to fund a Rink for the 65. I am 'enhancing' the sporter grip with some walnut additions to make it more like an anatomical grip. If I find I shoot better with the 65, then that will become my 'primary' pistol.

Only time will tell...
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Hello to All,

+1 on the Rink grips; for me, they have worked superbly, and the delivery time is good too.

The only down-side to them is the price !

I have found that the Rink grips (at least the ones I have had) are a bit on the small size for their stated size.

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    As an old fart who shot competitively with a FWB 65 in the day when there was little else, I think the anatomical grip for the 65 was quite a good one as grips go, with the palm shelf up or down it fitted well most from the small hand (mine) to the shovels on a club mate, who incidentally won a commonwealth gold with his!
    And regarding another post, my 65 had the trigger tested many dozens of times then over an 8 year period, and its still working beautifully today with the original internals!

I was also present and had the privilege of seeing Nina Stolyarova in the London European Championships shoot 392 ex 400 with a standard plastic grip on her FWB65, so I doubt any grip will handicap you!

The short comings of the 65 are not the grip, its the passage of 45 years in trigger and balance and lock times.

Have Fun
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Hello to All,

+1 on the Rink grips; for me, they have worked superbly, and the delivery time is good too.

The only down-side to them is the price !

I have found that the Rink grips (at least the ones I have had) are a bit on the small size for their stated size.

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ
    Hi Russ,

You are right - I have also found the RINK grips tend to come up a little on the small side and I should have mentioned it in my reply.

My first RINK grip was made to replace the medium sized grip on my Feinwerkbau P44 - and as this was the right size for my hand I ordered a medium sized RINK grip.

Imagine my disappointment when it arrived and I found it was too small

Since then I have ordered several RINK grips for various target pistols but always order a LARGE size as that is about the same size as most manufacturers medium sized standard grips.

Meanwhile I have a new laminated medium RINK grip to fit an FWB P44 (still in its bag) - anybody interested?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.