Thread: looking at my first weihrauch springer

looking at my first weihrauch springer

Looking to buy my first weihrauch springer , preferably .177 sub 12fpe unless there is a specific reason to buy a .22 in a weihrauch springer.

which would you recommend. i want one which is easy to tune and play with and maybe send of to some expert radical tuners.

looking at a 97k but i dont really have any experience with this marque so open to suggestions

i already have a .177 HW100K (is a robot) and a .22 prosport which doesnt easily lend its self to more radical tuning

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    I would say either a 97k, or if you want something a bit lighter, a 95/95k.

It does depend on what you will be using it for though...?
    Good deals with these members

have at least narrowed it down to underlever. i basically shoot targets and the occasional rat that eats my cats kittens. but nothing competitive. more of a tinkerer really

HW77/97. Personally I favour the '77 as it allows the use of peep sights and an interchangeable foresight unit. Either are good and its all down to personal preference. Avoid the HW57.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by busanga View Post
    Looking to buy my first weihrauch springer , preferably .177 sub 12fpe unless there is a specific reason to buy a .22 in a weihrauch springer.

which would you recommend. i want one which is easy to tune and play with and maybe send of to some expert radical tuners.

looking at a 97k but i dont really have any experience with this marque so open to suggestions

i already have a .177 HW100K (is a robot) and a .22 prosport which doesnt easily lend its self to more radical tuning
    Where have you been in the last 40 years?. Time for a crash course in HW springers then.

A.G

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quickly, Tony needs to be informed before he changes his mind and ends up buying a TX200

But we all know that at the end of the day it's going to boil down to a HW95.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

unless there is a specific reason to buy a .22 in a weihrauch springer.
    Will you be shooting competitively ? If so you better go .177. If however your an informal target shooter/hunter, most if not all springers shoot nicer in .22

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Will you be shooting competitively ? If so you better go .177. If however your an informal target shooter/hunter, most if not all springers shoot nicer in .22
    not competitive , informal, prefer nice gentle thud and easy to cock. been shooting .22 all my life. i do have pcp .177 HW100 but to be honest prefer messing with springers . The HW100 is just too clinical, when i need job done HW100 comes out, when i want a challenge or to push myself , out comes the springer.

will be buying HW springer to fettle with, as someone said above though, i am looking at the TX200 that seems to have all sorts can be done to it as well to make it shoot nicer

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    i am looking at the TX200 that seems to have all sorts can be done to it as well to make it shoot nicer
    Good man

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

not competitive , informal, prefer nice gentle thud and easy to cock. been shooting .22 all my life. i do have pcp .177 HW100 but to be honest prefer messing with springers . The HW100 is just too clinical, when i need job done HW100 comes out, when i want a challenge or to push myself , out comes the springer.

will be buying HW springer to fettle with, as someone said above though, i am looking at the TX200 that seems to have all sorts can be done to it as well to make it shoot nicer
    The TX is a beautiful rifle and a doddle to strip down!!!!

TX, 77/97, 95 or 98 in no particular order of preference.

All good and even better with a fettle.

The preference bit will come down to size, weight, balance etc.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

I kicked this around for ages and settled on a full length 77 in forest laminate. I guess it depends on what you want but the 77/97 you can't really go wrong.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

If you were going down the .177 route I'd either go for a 77 or 97. The extra weight will help dampen the recoil.

If you want to go .22 then frankly any will do but I'd nudge you towards a 95. They can be made to shoot quite beautifully in .22.

As has been said already the 'TX200' is the easiest of the lot to strip and my personal opinion is that it's the better 'out of the box' rifle from the off 'that said' they can all be made to shoot very well or even better so be it TX, 77/97 or 95 you'll not go far wrong with any of them...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

I would limit my choice of new HW to a LGV or LGU.
    LOL