i wasnt going to do it but i think i am. my cs700 has always seemed a bit big for my 99 and when i compare it to my other cs700,s it not the same shape. i cant put pics on here or i would. going to slim it down. nothing fancy just reduce the depth of it and the width a little. its always seemed a bit slab sided since i bought it. what i want to ask is what is the best tool to use to remove a fair bit of wood. i have noticed when using a plane type surform that having removed stippling for instance and then smoothing a stock a surface that feels smooth is not because when i have applied stain to the wood it reveals tiny pits in the surface not obvious until the stain has been applied. this leads me to think that the surform may be a bit rough on the wood. i have wood rasps and could come up with a wood plane if required. what do you suggest ? i also have a black and decker mouse. i usualy use what i think its called hook and loop on the sander of various grades going on to fine sand paper.