Thread: Crosman Silhouette trigger

Crosman Silhouette trigger

Is this the same awful trigger that's standard on the 2240 etc. or does it just look the same?

Ta.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    It says "2 stage, adjustable" so obviously not entirely the same...

Standard trigger can be improved no end quite cheaply with a TR Robb trigger kit which I've used on my 2250XL...

the 1701-p or p-rod trigger is the best pistol gripped trigger unit you can fit and is a true 2 stage trigger but it needs either the hammer modding or the ch2009 challenger hammer fitting
    the other silhouette trigger is the ssp-250 and that was a fake 2 stage using a spring between the trigger blade and the sear
    the tr robber kit is not very good tbh and better things are available

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    the tr robber kit is not very good tbh and better things are available
    I'm very pleased with mine ...and for £11 it's a bargain
    I know he's had some bad press before, but speaking as I find - I've had a few tuning bits from him in the past and not been disappointed with any of them.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    The wife has a Crosman Silhouette and the trigger is very good. I believe it's the original and it's definitely a two stage and is way better than what is on the P700 SMK that I have, the difference is very apparent, but I can't say too much more as I'm not really that geared up on pistols, but am looking to perhaps do a bit more.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I'm very pleased with mine ...and for £11 it's a bargain
    I know he's had some bad press before, but speaking as I find - I've had a few tuning bits from him in the past and not been disappointed with any of them.
    some stuff he did was ok and others not I've used most triggers and adjusters on crosman builds and the p-rod is the best especially when it's tuned and fitted with a stace wide blade trigger
    the beauty of this trigger is it's a drop sear not a see saw sear and hammer spring tension does not increase trigger pull weight to the same degree as the std see saw sear