Good morning all I have a rather rough Osprey it has been badly stored in the damp previous to me owning it and is rusty all down one side, so I have decided to strip and sort, it is difficult to see what the finish should be, where it isn't rusty it is a mottled brown and a small patch of either a very very dark blue or black, what should the finish be please?
The rear skirt of the piston is quite worn but the front piston ring area seems OK, which brings me to the piston rings which are a white flexible plastic (?) with no spring in them and they lie flush with the grooves and have no sideways play in the grooves, I may be wrong but I cant see that they can seal very well, if at all. Over the chrono it was doing about 6.2 ft-lbs.
And lastly, although I have probably forgotten something, should the barrel have a crown this one does not but it does have a raised lip round the edge of the barrel. for protection I guess.

Considering the wear in the piston, what are the chances of getting one, in case it makes a difference it's a .22 .
Thank you very much.
Cheers.
Geoff.