Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webley Osprey questions please.

How the hell do you snap a barrel off!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Dipple View Post
    How the hell do you snap a barrel off!!!!
    I didn't, I bought it that way for peanuts!!, The lad had dropped it, The step down in the bull barrel to the reduced diameter isn't radiussed so snapping them is easier than most, Also, It's not high quality steel i'm afraid

The action that I took the Tracker barrel from was a fiver (Just barrel and cylinder), The broken Osprey was £30 so I can't complain for £35 and half an hour of my time when I was bored!

John
    Last edited by johnbaz; 10-02-2018 at 10:31 AM. Reason: cuz eye karnt spel proply!!
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Wink webley osprey barrel snapped off

Hah ! I just found the same thing, an osprey with the barrel snapped off. This is a hugely interesting & useful thread to help me to put the osprey back into a useable condition & perhaps mod it a little ,Love the idea of a leather piston seal. the stock on my find is lovely, but alas only Beech ! I got this along with a sawn off Hungarian break barrel springer, I'm guessing a Relum ? ( L.G.....Lampa Gyar )...Lamp Factory .& a complete but bit rusty Diana 25 with a bent barrel & the sear doesn't want to engage. Price..A score for all 3 !, gotta love North Wales flea markets !

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by customstocker View Post
    Hah ! I just found the same thing, an osprey with the barrel snapped off. This is a hugely interesting & useful thread to help me to put the osprey back into a useable condition & perhaps mod it a little ,Love the idea of a leather piston seal. the stock on my find is lovely, but alas only Beech ! I got this along with a sawn off Hungarian break barrel springer, I'm guessing a Relum ? ( L.G.....Lampa Gyar )...Lamp Factory .& a complete but bit rusty Diana 25 with a bent barrel & the sear doesn't want to engage. Price..A score for all 3 !, gotta love North Wales flea markets !
    I think the Osprey barrels were made from recycled 1970's Alfasud wings and sills!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

or Triumph herald bonnet catches !

Webley steel normally comes up nice with cold blue, you can make it as shiny as you want if you polish up the surface beforehand. I use G96 Crème,

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD