Thread: ECA and 'mercan powders.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hopefully this American trade agreement will open trade up again on things like this...
    Tac, I'm sure you had a thread about this a couple months back, some agreement Trump is setting up that will allow us to buy gun parts, scopes etc from the USA with less fuss and import duty?
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    Hopefully this American trade agreement will open trade up again on things like this...
    Tac, I'm sure you had a thread about this a couple months back, some agreement Trump is setting up that will allow us to buy gun parts, scopes etc from the USA with less fuss and import duty?
    That may not help depending on if we (as a country) decide to follow the ECHA REACH guidelines for chemical use or not. It wouldn't surprise me if we kept in line with things such as this as it will save our government setting up their own rules and having to do the review/classifications etc. and we will just copy/comply with the ECHA for ease.

Elwood is offline Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean to say they aren't trying to get me.
    As far as Im aware any law made under the EU while were still in the EU stands. Don't expect any common sense to be a part of it.

I will mainly be switching to Viht powders and calibers that work with it, and if that doesn't work then it will be Reload Swiss.
    God has a hard on for green rifles

I've always used H335 for my .223 and .308 reloading, so I'm stuffed....

I have been load testing with Ramshot WildBoar, and have a potentially good load for .308/155gn SMK.... the .223 so far doesn't want to play nicely, so more development needed.

I'm going to be loading .44 magnum cases for indoor 25m and need to keep it light to comply with range limits.
    I've been suggested bullseye, red dot and unique. I have a couple hundred 240gn heads but have been looking at 200gn molds as well. Anyone reload for .44?
    Donald

I'm going to be loading .44 magnum cases for indoor 25m and need to keep it light to comply with range limits.
    I've been suggested bullseye, red dot and unique. I have a couple hundred 240gn heads but have been looking at 200gn molds as well. Anyone reload for .44?
    I've been using Titegroup 5.0 gr in magnum cases with a 240 gr truncated cone bullet , velocity is around 965 fps if I remember my last chrono readings.

Thanks RM. I've just picked up a copy of the Richard Lee book which is chock full of data and info..
    That titegroup load is just a little too hot for my club
    Donald

Yes.

My indoor load is 4.2gr of GM3 driving a 240 grain lead bullet. Accurate and keeps within our range limits.

As to the Titegroup load, try reducing to 4 grains and see how it performs.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

My "go-to" load for many years was 4.9gr Viht N340 pushing a GM 240gr LTC/LRN/LSWC bullet, std. C.O.L. Speed of 637fps, for 216 ft-lb. Group size @25yd was measured at 32mm (edge-to-edge, 10 shots).

Recently I've been using up some Viht N350. I'm using 5.6gr with a 240gr GM LSWC. With a reduced C.O.L. of 1.5" and a medium roll crimp, I get 716fps, yielding 273ft-lb. Group sizes are a little better, esp. at 50m.

That was my understanding from my LGS in Eugene OR. Maybe not gun parts that are pressure bearing, but stuff like triggers, muzzle brakes, stock assemblies from the liks of Mag-Pul et al. And certainly US-made optics.

missing the point

Hi Tac EU member states???? I thought we are in the process of leaving the Circus,can't wait to be called English again.

Quote Originally Posted by kamyonsofor View Post
    Hi Tac EU member states???? I thought we are in the process of leaving the Circus,can't wait to be called English again.
    was there ever a time you weren't called English ?
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby