Thread: Aeron B96 CO2 Piercer Seals

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Aeron B96 CO2 Piercer Seals

Where can I get some of these, magic9er has some on his website but I am not sure if he is still trading.

What size are they? Tried some generic ones from the hardware place but they mashed up.

Any favourite seals for this semi-auto? Probably the same as for the Tau 7 and similar ...

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Where can I get some of these, magic9er has some on his website but I am not sure if he is still trading.

What size are they? Tried some generic ones from the hardware place but they mashed up.

Any favourite seals for this semi-auto? Probably the same as for the Tau 7 and similar ...
    Plain O-rings from the hardware store will just be nitrile seals that absorb CO² and swell up and get mashed.
    Polyurethane ones will be best being resistant to the CO² and to abrasion too...

I've read that some Jonnys on here cut small sections of automotive fuel pipe to make piercer seals?

Maybe those for the Tau 7 fit.
    The cap isnt exactly the same in depth, but it is in width.
    ATB,
    yana

The same seal fits a lot of C02 pistols and a few rifles.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 31-01-2018 at 04:40 AM. Reason: extra info.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Thak you gentlemen, magic9 got back to me and some polyurethanes are on their way ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Thak you gentlemen, magic9 got back to me and some polyurethanes are on their way ...
    Good to hear Nick is still up and running

Baz fixed me up with some polyurethane seals for a Tau 7 - worked a treat I had no joy with the seals that came with the pistol or the replacements that I bought from the UK distributor (they would bulge/distort/leak CO2)
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Baz fixed me up with some polyurethane seals for a Tau 7 - worked a treat I had no joy with the seals that came with the pistol or the replacements that I bought from the UK distributor (they would bulge/distort/leak CO2)
    Have you tried a smear of vaseline round the seal,it works a treat on my B96.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pig View Post
    Have you tried a smear of vaseline round the seal,it works a treat on my B96.
    Yes I did try that after a previous recommendation (might of been yourself) but no joy. The sealing arrangement is a curios design, an o-ring fairly loosely within a groove, sliding inside a tapered tube.; it must be highly dependent on the sliding interference fit. The seal must be made before the C02 punchuresd otherwise it could blow out/distort the seal. The OEM seals are quite soft and easily get pushed out of shape, on mine it used to leak straight off, or after one shot.

The polyurethane seals are much more robust and secure and worked perfectly in my Tau 7; maybe there is some variability in the internal tube diameter.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Item number 141658790974
    Bought 10 pf these size 13.5mm x 2.5 mm last November for £2.18 and am still running on the first one I put in after dozens of Co2 capsules.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by brucieboy View Post

Item number 141658790974
    Bought 10 pf these size 13.5mm x 2.5 mm last November for £2.18 and am still running on the first one I put in after dozens of Co2 capsules.
    That is a proper 'TOPS' heads-up, cheers.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.