Thread: Theoben Fenman profile value please

Theoben Fenman profile value please

Hi
    Going to sell my original Fenman profile in .177
    its in mint condition and has been stored not used,
    can anyone give me a guide value please ?
    cheers
    Barry
    "Now you wanna run around and talk about guns
    Like I ain't got none What you think I sold 'em all
    Cause I stay well off".

http://www.stmichaelsonline.com/

NRA Qualified RCO.

"Do you lick the lid of life ?"

In mint condition £450-£500.00
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/7192...21379/?fref=ts Rapid 7,HW100kt .177,Theoben Fenman, BSA Goldstar,Daystate HW30S shrouded and tuned, HW99S (Paul Short tuned)

Providing power is ok, £450.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Being in .177 may hold the price down,as they can be harsh in that calibre.
    The Fenman is a better rifle in .22,and they also did a .20 calibre.
    Is your barrel the 7" version or the 10"?.
    If its the 10" that makes the rifle as good as in .22
    Even so its worth every penny of £450 in mint condition.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/7192...21379/?fref=ts Rapid 7,HW100kt .177,Theoben Fenman, BSA Goldstar,Daystate HW30S shrouded and tuned, HW99S (Paul Short tuned)

don't know if the link to a picture will work
    7 inch barrel , smooth to shoot and cock, will have to check power,
    thanks all for the reply s
    cheers
    Barry

https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/T0BT11TAgY
    Cause I stay well off".

NRA Qualified RCO.

My .177 Fenman shoots sweet. I'd actually say a .177 was worth more.
    The same. £450 is a fair price for a close to mint; true mint a bit more.

The Profile is an odd one, and I suspect less made so going to be a rarity in the future. Much of the rest is what the woodwork looks like as some were tastier than others.

One day I could see these being £1k collectables, but not yet. Just like Venom rifles are now getting some momentum in price premium, so will Theobens in due time. SLR88's are well over a K now and rising. They were a high cost rifle when new, twice what the run of the mill rifles were, they haven't even doubled when everything else has??? At some point everyone is going to twig that these are at present great value.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post

The Profile is an odd one, and I suspect less made so going to be a rarity in the future. Much of the rest is what the woodwork looks like as some were tastier than others.

One day I could see these being £1k collectables, but not yet. Just like Venom rifles are now getting some momentum in price premium, so will Theobens in due time. SLR88's are well over a K now and rising. They were a high cost rifle when new, twice what the run of the mill rifles were, they haven't even doubled when everything else has??? At some point everyone is going to twig that these are at present great value.
    Thank you
    Cause I stay well off".

NRA Qualified RCO.

How far over the barrel do the Theo mods go on the Fenman ? Trying to work out the barrel length on mine which is 12.5" from end of mod to breech.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

52mm if its a standrad vortex
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Thanks for that.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post

I agree .177 will be worth more .what is the stock wood

There is no doubt in my mind-established over owning quite a few-that the Fenman with a 7"/7.5" barrel in .177 can be either horrible or lovely and it is pure chance what it is. I am lucky with mine -it is very nice. Also mine is screwcut and has a heavy muzzle weight which to me makes the rifles much nicer than the ones fitted with the standard Theoben Evolution moderator. However I accept that purist collectors would prefer one in 'factory standard' condition.
    In terms of 'what calibre' my personal preference is massively for the .20. So much so that I have stated many times on this forum that the Theoben Fenman in .20 is the best legal limit, self contained, general purpose air rifle ever made. That is some claim but I believe it to be true. Please note that all of the conditions-legal limit, self contained AND general purpose-must be met!
    On most specimens I've handled, the 10" barrel is more reliable in .177 and I believe that most .177 'Fenmen' left the factory with the 10" barrel. In .20 and .22 there is no such issue. I've never owned or handled one of those with a barrel any longer than 7- or is it 7.5"- long.
    The Profile stock is highly desirable so certainly adds to the overall quality of the gun. Provided of course you are right handed! As for price I agree that the Profile should fetch £100 more than the ambi which normally goes for around the £350 level in really nice condition which in fairness most are. So much so that I detect a trend that really nice 'Fenmen' are now going to collectors rather than users. Even in other calibres other than .20, this smashing little rifle is finding that its quality of build and ease of handling is finding new fans so prices are likely only to go one way-upwards!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    I agree .177 will be worth more .what is the stock wood
    I've just seen your post. I don't agree with your preference for .177 but others may. Certainly it is fair to say that .22 is the least desirable calibre from this rifle and the chances of finding a breech/barrel assembly in .177 or .20 on its own are very slim indeed. All valuations I think are assuming that the stock wood is hyedua. This was the wood used in all of the early rifles and has some really very interesting grain and colour patterns. Sadly as the tree is endangered no more stocks will be made from hyedua so what we have now is all we will get.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Hi, there is nothing wrong with how my 177 7" barrel fenman shoots, but I would say the premium would be a 20 cal. £450 for 177, £500 for 20 IMO. Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer