Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Melbourne airgun fayre

Hoping to see some great items and even buy a few.

On our way! The wonders of technology.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Cool

Couldn't make it today

Hope everyone had a great day!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Great people to meet. Great staff working behind the bar. Great organisation of the fair. Great items to see and buy. Great bargains to be had. Great!

Just arrived home safely, 320 mile round trip, some snow on the way back but well worth it for a pleasant day out, saw some nice stuff, sold some bits and pieces, won a prize in the raffle again, met a few friends, Johnbaz was conspicuous by his absence.
    Many thanks to the organisers for another successful show.
    Mel.
    Last edited by mel h; 17-03-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Bargain's

What a great little show.bought a boxed kassnar 4x20 scope for the bargain price of £1.and a superb shrike 4x32 with mounts for £10.

Glad you like the Shrike, it was surplus to my requirements after being given an almost mint Airarms Mistral that I had a scope for already.

Shrike

With the emblem being a little faded I didn't notice it straight away.must have been the lighting.then second time round could resist.thankyou.

Great Fayre

Another visit to Melbourne today, came back with a nice Webley Eclipse MkII, thanks Chris, also made a sale on the bring and buy, thanks to all at Melbourne Marksmen and RBL club for hosting another great airgun fayre.
    Last edited by GuizeAyose; 17-03-2018 at 09:36 PM.

Once again another great day out with plenty of bargains to be had with a 'larf or two' thrown in. If anything, it seemed busier than the last one.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks to all that helped to organise everything (except the weather). The usual good-humoured crowd. My assistant was attending for the first time, but assuredly not the last, and was most impressed.

Next time do you mind if I just charge 50p to examine my Greener? I'll not bother bringing anything else and consequently will take up very little room.

Rhetorical question: where are all the events that I obviously don't know about? They'll be easy to identify by the profligacy of Improved Model As. They must be because mine didn't attract a single glance. FFS there were less than 4000 of them made, more than 70 years ago. So where are the rest?

Only (slightly) joking, Mick

Seriously, thanks again.
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Couldn't make it today

Hope everyone had a great day!!

John
    Oh! John!

It would have been right up your street. They were giving stuff away rather than get stuck in the snow on the way home.

If only you'd been there

Next time, eh?
    Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

melbourne,

had a great day met a few interesting people . saw a few guns i'd never seen before and a couple of pcp prototypes, one a bar and the other ????. was it just me but I thought there was a lot of pistols to be had "webleys gats crossmans" , I thought the electronic harper pcp pistol was an interesting thing.. big thanks for Melbourne and folk for organising the event looking forward to the next one.. atb gc93..

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Another great dat at the Melbourne fair. nice to see the usual faces and some new ones as well. there seemed to be more through so hopefully they made money for a very good cause.

Melbourne fayre

Another great airgun fayre by the Melbourne members. Well done all. The usual nice classic springers for sale and very fair prices.
    Also some desirable precharged rifles including a 1 year old Air Arms HFT 500 that was for sale at £600 but sold for £500 with an additional benchrest stock. A bargain.
    John
    hold me back !!