Thread: 30 Carbine loads ?

30 Carbine loads ?

Any recommendations for favourite reloads for 30 Carbine ? Anything that *does not* use H110 as that powder is going to vanish in June so I don't want to start using it now.

I've seen Vhit publish data for N110 & 110 gr FMJ which I'll certainly try.

I'm also interested any reloads using the new Reload Swiss powders and also any data for the 115gr cast bullets.

Finally, has anyone tried the 110gr plated bullets from www.shooting-supplies.eu ? The prices seems really good so I'm tempted to give them a try.

Partially answering my own question - I've now got official Reload Swiss data for reloading 30 carbine with RS30. I couldn't see it on their webpage but it is in their printed reloading data booklet.

Anybody but me find it rather odd that most US powders are getting banned, but no European powders are similarly affected?

tac

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Anybody but me find it rather odd that most US powders are getting banned, but no European powders are similarly affected?

tac
    REACH regulations. I wasted many hours in the MoD evaluating any potentialy nasty substances that were not only actually IN the stuff we were buying, but also which may have been used to make it. It got so bloody silly that I think that if a scientist's nappy had been washed in something that MAY have used something that MAY have been near something deemed nasty and had subsequently worked on something that we wanted, then we weren't to buy it! @tisthe age we live in.

"Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) is a European Union regulation dating from 18 December 2006. REACH addresses the production and use of chemical substances, and their potential impacts on both human health and the environment."
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi