Quote Originally Posted by Powderfinger View Post
I hear plenty of shooters say that they think benchrest is easy. When challenged to prove this by achieving a particular score or entering a competition, they always back out. Without exception, they have always backed out and refused to shoot a benchrest card. Benchrest is very difficult with very tight scoring as the levels get higher. I hope this competition is a success. Benchrest is saving target-shooting in this country by encouraging new shooters and letting elderly or disabled shooters to continue to take part in shooting.
Benchrest is the saviour of 22 rimfire target shooting you are absolutely right with that statement.
There are of course shooters within Benchrest that claim their style of bench is the correct way of doing it
which to my mind is completely out of order.
Personally I will shoot any of the benchrest codes,using a bag to support the butt is as far as I see no different to using you fist as a support,rimfire benchrest is fairly easy to shoot no matter which code of benchrest you choose,as most of the NSRA type cards are shot on indoor ranges.Air Rifles are a black horse of a different colour
And do take some real effort to gain top scores.
So as a chap I know is fond of saying "just do it".