Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling All Field Target and HFT Shooters!

Calling All Field Target and HFT Shooters!

Last year saw the first-ever running of the British Air Rifle Championships, with competitors shooting both a Field Target course to BFTA rules and an HFT course to UKAHFT rules, and the overall winner being the shooter with the highest combined scores from both courses. Well, Sunday 3rd June sees battle re-joined at Maldon & District Air Rifle Club (M.A.D.) for the title of British Air Rifle Champion 2018……

As the format of last year’s B.A.R.C. seemed to work well and everyone we spoke to seemed very happy with it, there’ll once again be 3 competitions running on the day – one for HFT, one for FT, as well as the overall championship. In addition, in the HFT Class, we’ll also be running categories for both recoil and .22 rifles, provided there are 3 or more entries in each one.

The British Air Rifle Championships is a competition that is by no means only for “elite shooters” in either discipline; the day is very much all about bringing shooters of all abilities from the worlds FT and HFT together, and to enable them to experience both sides of competition air rifle shooting. Whether it’s FT or HFT that you usually shoot, the day is all about having fun and all safe shooters with sub-12 ft. lbs. guns are welcome.

Entry forms are now available online to download – just click HERE

PLEASE NOTE: Entry numbers are limited, so best to get your entry in sooner rather than later in order to avoid disappointment

Time for my annual attempt to shoot FT!
    Great fun!
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

I appreciate its a bit pedantic but surely the winner is the British Combined FT/HFT Champion.

If they don't include other air rifle disciplines such as LSR and Benchrest but especially the ISSF 10M then its not really the British Air Rifle Championships?

Especially as the NSRA host the British Airgun Championships for various disciplines in rifle and pistol in February this year.

Just saying like.

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    I appreciate its a bit pedantic but surely the winner is the British Combined FT/HFT Champion.

If they don't include other air rifle disciplines such as LSR and Benchrest but especially the ISSF 10M then its not really the British Air Rifle Championships?

Especially as the NSRA host the British Airgun Championships for various disciplines in rifle and pistol in February this year.

Just saying like.
    Does the NRSA BAC in Feb cover FT and HFT?
    HFT Team England 2012 - 2013
    Incompetent writer for Airgunner
    UKAHFT, World and SiHFT Recoiling champ 2017

Quote Originally Posted by scutter View Post
    Does the NRSA BAC in Feb cover FT and HFT?
    Nope, but it does say champions are discipline specific not try to imply they shoot all disciplines the best

I appreciate all the semantics but have to say that the shoot last year brought together hft and circus wheelers in an amazingly friendly way and really challenged each of us to see the skill of our counterparts. Dopper and helpers did an amazing job of setting courses so we can all shoot simultaneously and it was no easy course like 10m holding the gun still on some paper type stuff. There was wind and trajectory to take into account and pushed shooters skills to the limits. And for the likes of me with no skills it just gave me a tremendous day in the woods with some great company. I'll definitely be back and I don't care if winning this would make me British airgun champion or that fat bald bloke with a boinger who kicked Nick Byrne's ass.
    Last edited by Rex&Amy; 02-02-2018 at 10:23 PM.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

Quote Originally Posted by Rex&Amy View Post
    that fat bald bloke with a boinger who kicked Nick Byrne's ass.
    It wouldn't fit on the trophy

I was only being an arse as you often see competitions claiming to include more than they do (World Series anyone!). I applaud any activity that increases the amount of shooting taking place and long may they continue.

It wouldn't fit on the trophy

I applaud any activity that increases the amount of shooting taking place and long may they continue.
    Bank robberies
    Murders

are these included ?
    AA TX200 Mk3 AA TX200 HC AA S510 Carbine Superlite BSA Mercury .22 Daystate Griffin .22 Weihrauch HW35 .22 Sheridan Blue Streak .20 another AA TX200 Mk3 ​Miroku MK38 12g INV+ Teague Browning Maxus 12g

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by trevp View Post
    Bank robberies
    Murders

are these included ?
    Careful Trev!!

you're playing with the big boys now.

Quote Originally Posted by trevp View Post
    Bank robberies
    Murders

are these included ?
    These tend to be one off (unless its a spree) rather than something that encourages others

Just saying like.

I'm sure if the NRSA have an issue they will let the organisers know

Quote Originally Posted by where's molly View Post
    I'm sure if the NRSA have an issue they will let the organisers know
    To be honest I doubt they are aware its taking place

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    I must be good, I must be good, I must be good, I must be good, I must be good, I must be good, I must be good

Quote Originally Posted by Alegazmoz View Post
    I must be good, I must be good, I must be good, I must be good, I must be good, I must be good, I must be good
    Be as bad as you like. The point I keep trying to make is shooters tend to be very insular and think only their discipline(s) exist. Or are worth existing

Quote Originally Posted by Rex&Amy View Post
    [...] and it was no easy course like 10m holding the gun still on some paper type stuff. [...]
    Oooo!

You must have tried 10M then. At what point did it become too easy? Club level? County? National? Olympic? ... I'm impressed!