Thread: Calling All Field Target and HFT Shooters!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I appreciate all the semantics but have to say that the shoot last year brought together hft and circus wheelers in an amazingly friendly way and really challenged each of us to see the skill of our counterparts. Dopper and helpers did an amazing job of setting courses so we can all shoot simultaneously and it was no easy course like 10m holding the gun still on some paper type stuff. There was wind and trajectory to take into account and pushed shooters skills to the limits. And for the likes of me with no skills it just gave me a tremendous day in the woods with some great company. I'll definitely be back and I don't care if winning this would make me British airgun champion or that fat bald bloke with a boinger who kicked Nick Byrne's ass.
    Last edited by Rex&Amy; 02-02-2018 at 10:23 PM.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

Quote Originally Posted by Rex&Amy View Post
    that fat bald bloke with a boinger who kicked Nick Byrne's ass.
    It wouldn't fit on the trophy

I was only being an arse as you often see competitions claiming to include more than they do (World Series anyone!). I applaud any activity that increases the amount of shooting taking place and long may they continue.

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    It wouldn't fit on the trophy

I applaud any activity that increases the amount of shooting taking place and long may they continue.
    Bank robberies
    Murders

are these included ?
    AA TX200 Mk3 AA TX200 HC AA S510 Carbine Superlite BSA Mercury .22 Daystate Griffin .22 Weihrauch HW35 .22 Sheridan Blue Streak .20 another AA TX200 Mk3 ​Miroku MK38 12g INV+ Teague Browning Maxus 12g

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by trevp View Post
    Bank robberies
    Murders

are these included ?
    Careful Trev!!

you're playing with the big boys now.

Quote Originally Posted by trevp View Post
    Bank robberies
    Murders

are these included ?
    These tend to be one off (unless its a spree) rather than something that encourages others

Quote Originally Posted by Rex&Amy View Post
    [...] and it was no easy course like 10m holding the gun still on some paper type stuff. [...]
    Oooo!

You must have tried 10M then. At what point did it become too easy? Club level? County? National? Olympic? ... I'm impressed!

Rule change to scoring – British Air Rifle Championships

We’ve had some feedback and suggestions from those who came along to last year’s competition, and as a direct result this year will see a change to the scoring system……

Previously, 2 points were awarded for a kill, 1 for a plate and zero for a miss/doughnut on the HFT course, whilst on the FT course it was 1 point for a kill, and zero for a plate or a miss/doughnut – which gave a bit of an advantage for those shooters whose primary discipline was HFT rather than FT, as they had a better chance of pulling in a higher score on the HFT course compared to those who mainly shoot Field Target would have had on the FT course.

So, for this year we’ve decided that scores for the overall title of British Air Rifle Champion will be calculated on a combined percentage of the scores from both courses basis, rather simply adding together the points that each shooter scores on both courses.

There are just a few entry places left for the British Air Rifle Championships which takes pace on Sunday June 3 at Maldon & District Air Rifle Club (M.A.D.)

Even if we say so ourselves, we have got some absolutely stunning glass trophies up for grabs, including trophies for 1st-3rd place in both the Field Target and HFT categories, as well as a magnificent trophy for the overall winner and for the Recoil/.22 class.

Just click HERE to download an entry form, and we'll see you on June 3
    Last edited by fastnick; 15-05-2018 at 04:42 AM.

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Get page not found when I click the link.

Monkey.
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Apologies for that, Andy - and thanks for flagging it up.

I'll get it sorted in the morning when I am next in front of a PC, rather than my (useless) tablet.

The link to the entry form has been fixed now - click HERE