Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
My vote would also go for the Mk1 Airsporter with the nice one piece tapered barrel (a nice tidy example of which I am fortunate to own a couple) Have to say I have a soft spot for the Centenary with the elongated stock - my project Mk1 will have some sympathetic mods to bring it up to speed along with a nice one off made stock (once my health/weather etc allows me to get around to doing it that is) with elongated stock similar to the Centenary.
At the end of the day, whatever 'floats your boat' should tick your boxes - if it be an old BSA or Wobbley, the older rifles just seem to have that indefinable something that makes them all that special, also, something that was made all those years ago that still brings much pleasure and good service to it's keeper, is a legacy to those in the past that made them so well with craftsmanship and dedication, there, said my bit! (just my opinion!)

atb
ASM
Well said, it’s something you have to feel, it comes through when you hold these old guns and sight them. It’s killing me that it’s too cold to the take my new to me BSA MK2 out and shoot it. But holding it you can tell this is something special.