Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Most graceful air rifle ever designed?

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Then I have to wonder what you're doing in this section.
    Unlike a certain member, I don't think all barrel over cylinder webleys are hideous. And as a respectful collector I would never use one as a doorstop, hammer or fishing weight
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Lots of plastic though isn't there Ian?
    Its Crosman.

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Unlike a certain member, I don't think all barrel over cylinder webleys are hideous. And as a respectful collector I would never use one as a doorstop, hammer or fishing weight
    It was a bin bag liner holder actually.

Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    It breaks the heart
    Good deals with these members

The blued Ansonia's are quite willowy looking. If form follows function, top spot has to go to the Bsa Lincoln Jeffries.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Saying that - the Crosman Mod 70 is no munter.

Can't help thinking that Crosman looks like this Anschutz

I actually like the lines of the Streaks, Just don't go a bundle on pumping them!!

Have to say, I love this long 600 of Lawries even though it's not actually a rifle!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post

I actually like the lines of the Streaks, Just don't go a bundle on pumping them!!

Have to say, I love this long 600 of Lawries even though it's not actually a rifle!!

John
    Wwwwhats thart please..

John
    The post refers to the 'Most Graceful ......' It doesn't say anything about its shooting qualities or abilities. The Crosman is mainly plastic and looks better than it shoots.

ATB
    Ian

HW100 all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    HW100 all the way.
    HW100? While I agree the HW100 is one of the best pcp I, personally, wouldn't class the standard factory versions as graceful.
    Even I only class my personal, well modified one as 'passable'.

Most graceful air rifle ever designed

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, of course, but for me, there has been nothing better than the early modern BSA designs, like the CADET and CADET MAJOR. Too many of the most recent designs are really ugly; others have features which detract from, rather than enhance, their appearance. For me, if it looks right, it probably is right!

John

pics

How do you guys up load pic here ?

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    My vote would also go for the Mk1 Airsporter with the nice one piece tapered barrel (a nice tidy example of which I am fortunate to own a couple) Have to say I have a soft spot for the Centenary with the elongated stock - my project Mk1 will have some sympathetic mods to bring it up to speed along with a nice one off made stock (once my health/weather etc allows me to get around to doing it that is) with elongated stock similar to the Centenary.
    At the end of the day, whatever 'floats your boat' should tick your boxes - if it be an old BSA or Wobbley, the older rifles just seem to have that indefinable something that makes them all that special, also, something that was made all those years ago that still brings much pleasure and good service to it's keeper, is a legacy to those in the past that made them so well with craftsmanship and dedication, there, said my bit! (just my opinion!)

atb
    ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

John
    Dam that long 600 looks sexy as . Me likey

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
    My vote would also go for the Mk1 Airsporter with the nice one piece tapered barrel (a nice tidy example of which I am fortunate to own a couple) Have to say I have a soft spot for the Centenary with the elongated stock - my project Mk1 will have some sympathetic mods to bring it up to speed along with a nice one off made stock (once my health/weather etc allows me to get around to doing it that is) with elongated stock similar to the Centenary.
    At the end of the day, whatever 'floats your boat' should tick your boxes - if it be an old BSA or Wobbley, the older rifles just seem to have that indefinable something that makes them all that special, also, something that was made all those years ago that still brings much pleasure and good service to it's keeper, is a legacy to those in the past that made them so well with craftsmanship and dedication, there, said my bit! (just my opinion!)

atb
    ASM
    Well said, it’s something you have to feel, it comes through when you hold these old guns and sight them. It’s killing me that it’s too cold to the take my new to me BSA MK2 out and shoot it. But holding it you can tell this is something special.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    Wwwwhats thart please..
    Which one Butty??

EDIT- I presume you mean the carbine that belongs to Lawrie?

It's a Crosman 600 pistol- Same as the pistol above it, It's had a longer barrel fitted, A shoulder stock and a longer cylinder, Maybe for bulk fill Co2 or maybe HPA..

John
    Last edited by johnbaz; 06-02-2018 at 04:46 PM.
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/