Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Most graceful air rifle ever designed?

For me it has to be the Howa 55G CO2 rifle -- based on the Weatherby centrefire rifles they are, to my eyes, absolutely stunning.

Followed pretty closely by the Sheridan Model F CO2 rifle and the Crosman 140/1400 series.

Almost forgot -- the Crosman 400 (both versions) are also lovely little guns.

Too many beauties, hard to choose

Love the SE90.

here are a few that float my boat from my stash...

https://imgur.com/L6IQbEX

https://imgur.com/yb60X6m

https://imgur.com/pSqJX4J

https://imgur.com/AjKhfkD
    https://www.walnut.black

There have been many nice looking rifles on this thread, but for sheer grace and elegance of line, I think the Mk.1 Airsporter takes some beating.
    On a personal note, I fail to see how anything with a 'Tyrolean' stock can be considered either graceful or elegant.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    There have been many nice looking rifles on this thread, but for sheer grace and elegance of line, I think the Mk.1 Airsporter takes some beating.
    On a personal note, I fail to see how anything with a 'Tyrolean' stock can be considered either graceful or elegant.
    Totally with you on both counts.. Don't see the point of Tyro' or Stutzen stocks. I don't like them...

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    BSA Mk 1, Airsporter takes it for me !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post

D, beauty must indeed be in the eye of the beholder. I know you have a keen eye for beautiful things. But I fear you are missing out on the marvels of the tyrolean. Curvey walnut gorgeousness. How could you...?
    https://www.walnut.black

Quote Originally Posted by Brickhill View Post
    I love the lines of my Stutzen.

Very nice, but unfortunately nothing with a silencer on it can ever be truly graceful.

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    Very nice, but unfortunately nothing with a silencer on it can ever be truly graceful.
    Whilst the gracefulness of the TX200 can be debated not all silencers will automatically make for ugliness.

I sell TatarGan in the caliber of the pope. Iron sits in the crocodile. A light bun turned out.

aimless Guest

most graceful air rifle

is the Giffard "de luxe" . I know, where I can find one, but have never see the rifle in reality.

The owner has serveral one, but I don not find any pictures of this model. So I can only present one small and bad picture, he sent me years ago.

Maybe anyone knows more about that desirable rifle.

Last edited by aimless; 15-02-2018 at 05:45 PM.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by aimless View Post
    is the Giffard "de luxe" . I know, where I can find one, but have never see the rifle in reality.

The owner has serveral one, but I don not find any pictures of this model. So I can only present one small and bad picture, he sent me years ago.

Maybe anyone knows more abot that desirable rifle.

Hi the model in the photo is listed in a French catalouge that l have Armes de Chase, as been the top of the range of 6 models of the Giffard rifle that they were selling. no date on cat as the front pages are missing. but there are testaments of exhibitions up to 1911

aimless Guest
    hi micky2 ,

I am very interested of more information! any help (pictures, links) appreciated (p.m.)
    atb Jochen

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I have to say, I think the mk1 with it's tapered barrel just pips it at the post!!

John
    Gets my vote as well John, I think the smaller Cadet Major's got nice lines as well.
    Mel.

Airsporter MK1 for me,have three with old stock repairs and one with no repair,repaired or not a real graceful icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen K View Post
    Whilst the gracefulness of the TX200 can be debated not all silencers will automatically make for ugliness.

Indeed, and I happily concede that point. Being somewhat traditional, I tend to think of guns flowing relatively smoothly from thick end to thin end, and achieving their "gracefulness" from that, and anything that seriously interrupts that can look wrong. On reflection, I think I was wrong to pin it on silencers, your TX200 and the Air Arms SE90 make that clear. It's more about the overall look and how the parts blend with each other - put a silencer on an HW77 and it may look clunky, but the factory one on an HW97 looks right - but of course, that's only my opinion.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by aimless View Post
    hi micky2 ,

I am very interested of more information! any help (pictures, links) appreciated (p.m.)
    atb Jochen
    Hi Jochen, l will take some photos tomorrow and send them to you. if you can pm your email address.