Thread: HRPC Club Shoot Results

HRPC Club Shoot Results

That's one shoot that will defiantly go down in memory as one that was a triumph over adversity. When I got the site this morning I got a heck of a shock as the car park was rammed there were tents and signs up in strange places and LOTS of people dressed up as soldiers carrying paint ball guns. Due to a mix up we were booked for the same day as a paintball Woodland Masters event. Fortunately Ross and the Holmbush team saved the day (and the little hair I still have) worked it out so that nobody was running around near the course. So, apart from losing the plinking range we could go ahead with the shoot.

As there are still a few muddy patches, one of the people helping to set up texted he couldn't make it and I had to ask the other to stay up at the car park to guide HFT shooters to where we were parking and setting up was "stressful" so we only shot 15 and went round twice. Interesting though as the wind was getting up a bit and by "accident" I pulled some really tricky targets. So tricky in fact that I shot like a numpty and am forced to admit that in the first five pegs I had three donuts and things didn't get much better. Fortunately for me I wasn't the only one struggling today and John managed to break the course record with a mighty seven of them. He did have the excuse of sharing my rifle and it only being his third try though.

Jeremy Costelloe had the honour of the highest score with a 50 so well done to him, with Kevin Wickson a close second. Any way the full list is:

Jeremy Costelloe 50
    Kevin Wickson 49
    Peter Fenn 48
    Duane Saunders 48
    Simon Humphries 47
    Darren Pernell 45
    Adam Smith 45
    Jon Newton-May 44
    Steve West 44
    Colin Muggeridge (R) 41
    Terry Evans 41
    Nick Farley 37
    John Goldthorpe 30
    Always make the best of things, it can only get worse if you don't.

Big thanks to Terry and the team for putting on the shoot today.

Looking forward to the next one.

Cheers
    Cheers EDBOC

Buxted HFT