Thread: Neck Turning - Donut Removal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    could it be that you been neck sizing and the die been set too much and squeezed the neck too much.
    hence seating bullet as created a do nut.....only speculating as i remember picking up the rcbs neck die rather than the full length one.....it squeezed the neck too much and the bullet struggled to seat

Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    could it be that you been neck sizing and the die been set too much and squeezed the neck too much.
    hence seating bullet as created a do nut.....only speculating as i remember picking up the rcbs neck die rather than the full length one.....it squeezed the neck too much and the bullet struggled to seat
    I don't think so. Never really had a problem seating bullets and I've been using the Hornady die for a few years now - thanks anyway. Might go down the neck turning route to see if it improves my groups. Watched one of Si-snipe's videos and it seemed to work for him.

.22LR CZ452; .22 Hornet CZ527
    Tikka T3 Varmint .223; .204 Ruger CZ527 Varmint;
    6.5 Creed Bergara B14 HMR

Quote Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
    I don't think so. Never really had a problem seating bullets and I've been using the Hornady die for a few years now - thanks anyway. Might go down the neck turning route to see if it improves my groups. Watched one of Si-snipe's videos and it seemed to work for him.
    reload for 6 calibres and never come across this issue.
    i googled it and most say its a loose chamber so when sizing it pushes the brass down then the shoulder pushes it back up.....not technical am i lol

Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    reload for 6 calibres and never come across this issue.
    i googled it and most say its a loose chamber so when sizing it pushes the brass down then the shoulder pushes it back up.....not technical am i lol
    It's not as pronounced as I'm probably making out. I genuinely think it's down to the bass flow. You have to look inside the neck of the case, in good light, to see what I'm referring to.

It'd probably go unnoticed for most, but I'm a bit anal and want to keep shrinking my groups

.22LR CZ452; .22 Hornet CZ527
    Tikka T3 Varmint .223; .204 Ruger CZ527 Varmint;
    6.5 Creed Bergara B14 HMR