Thread: Info wanted on Steyr hunting scout 5a

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That’s great chaps thanks ,solvo I see you have the connect scope on yours ! I have a 3-12x32 connect so hopefully it will fit ok and save me a bit of cash as I really love these scopes and can’t seem to get on with normal eye relief ones after using the connect ,great for hunting as it has a huge fov ! do you have to remove it if you take the barrel off or if you have to adjust tightness of fit against the mag? I don’t think they do the scout in .20 do they ? I don’t know why as I think they do the standard length in that cal ?I am getting this nervous feeling inside me because I know I am soooo close to getting one Thanks all Mike.

You do need to remove the scope to adjust the barrel. There are 3 grub screws in the top of the action and i think at least 2 are under that mount.
    I really wouldnt worry about the barrel adjustment. I've had the rifle over 2 years and used it a fair bit. The only reason i took the barrel out was I wanted to. I take *everything* apart, so by about month 2 i took the barrel out to have a look. No need though and it hasn't been touched since.

I did read on here someone had trouble with the mags, the had 5? mags i think one was too tight and adjusting for it made the others too loose. I've not had that issue though i suspect you could exchange a mag that isn't working. they're €40 each and made to a very high spec so should be replaced if they're not working out.