Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Info wanted on Steyr hunting scout 5a

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Next rifle I’ll buy will be the scout SA in .22.
    I remember wanting one years back score they were released and posting a link on here, only to watch the thread descend into handbag waving argument about how they were a danger to the sport etc etc.
    Sometimes I’m glad to be ignorant
    Yes even if laws change in the future I at least want to have the opportunity to have had and used one for hunting ,which I believe will make my other guns redundant .Mike

Quote Originally Posted by nuggs View Post
    It is a bummmer mate ,nearly 2 weeks out the way now so could be hearing from them soon ordered it from local rfd through Steyr UK . I think I’ve read every write up and looked at every picture on the web lol cant wait .Mike.
    Handy to know that, thought you had to buy directly from Steyr uk or a few selected RFD's.. Will ask next when I pop in my localish RFD.

I ordered from krale-schietsport before they were being imported. Shipped right to my door in under 7 days.

Picked up the Steyr yesterday what a gun .

Picked up the Steyr yesterday what a gun .
    I bet you are a happy chappy get some pictures up lol.

A question I want to ask. Is the rifle regulated, as I cannot see a regulator mentioned in the specs of the rifle anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid7Nick View Post
    I bet you are a happy chappy get some pictures up lol.

A question I want to ask. Is the rifle regulated, as I cannot see a regulator mentioned in the specs of the rifle anywhere.
    It is Nick, standard reg that's used in all the LG series too.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    It is Nick, standard reg that's used in all the LG series too.
    Cheers Chris.
    I thought they would have been regulated, it's just that I cannot see anything in the specs.

Yes it is regulated and yes I am very happy tried jsb exact 8.44 straight from tin and averaged 780 fps over 15 shots and then tried jsb heavies 10.34 straight from tin and averaged 710 fps so very happy and plenty of playing to do .Mike.

I think thats probably the best PCP on the market right now for vermin control.
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Yes it is regulated and yes I am very happy tried jsb exact 8.44 straight from tin and averaged 780 fps over 15 shots and then tried jsb heavies 10.34 straight from tin and averaged 710 fps so very happy and plenty of playing to do .Mike.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    If i had my old ratting permission i'd have the Auto in the cabinet like a shot

The only minor niggle is that some of the earlier ones came in doing around 10ftlb. My mate had one and we spent weeks trying different reg settings, springs and adjustments. In the end i had some transfer ports made that got the rifle to 750-760 fps which was more than enough.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Well I’ve took some pics but for some reason I can’t add them . Says I can’t add attachments ! Anyone help ? Mike

Pretty sure you can only attach on a sales thread. On here you have to have the pics hosted somewhere else online and link to them with the image button

For example drop them on https://pasteboard.co/
    Copy the link it gives you for each one and paste it into the box that pops up when you click insert image.
    Last edited by Solvo; 01-03-2018 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solvo View Post
    Pretty sure you can only attach on a sales thread. On here you have to have the pics hosted somewhere else online and link to them with the image button

For example drop them on https://pasteboard.co/
    Copy the link it gives you for each one and paste it into the box that pops up when you click insert image.
    Thanks solvo I can get the image moved from my library to the link you gave but don’t know how to get it from there to forum page will have to wait for the missus to get back from work . Mike

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    As an ex-owner I agree with you one hundred percent. It makes many other rifles obsolete. The mag is simplicity to load and is pretty well immune to the problems that round mags can have.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

I’ve never had this happen before but I took the viper connect off my hw100 and sat it on the Steyr ,loaded two mags with jsb exact and managed 20 yrds target in the back garden and without touching the scope I put a ragged hole in the bull I then loaded the other mag and fired a pellet a couple of inches below bull and then put the remaining 4 pellets through the same hole and I kid you not it was just like one hole no bigger than the width of a pellet ! What are the chances of that ? No scope adjustments at all I couldn’t believe it. I have pics but can’t post as they turn out huge and can’t seem to shrink them ( any help ?) to say I am chuffed is an understatement as over the years I have had several guns and not one was like this out of the box .Things are looking good .one happy person ,Mike .